Home

The game just doesn't feel right, players and checks don't really have weight to the

This is a discussion on The game just doesn't feel right, players and checks don't really have weight to the within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 10:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The game just doesn't feel right, players and checks don't really have weight to the

It pains me to say it because I do find the game better than last year's offering but still, 14 for me has more of a player feel in that checks and players had a feel that you could actually feel so to speak. The sound effects lack of are to light and don't add those grueling sounds for a hard check, or when you slam against the boards, or really no clanking of sticks and pucks... It all seems floaty to me. But mainly it's a lack of weight that gets me, I don't feel the difference between players at all.

And my last rant, why on earth can't be have OTP drop ins for our pro like before, that was the best mode ever. Just saddens me that they once again didn't include it, not everyone wants to do club gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 10:43 PM   #2
Pro

Re: The game just doesn't feel right, players and checks don't really have weight to

I disagree. There are several areas where I'm disappointed and plenty that still needs to be tweaked and added for gameplay to be where I truly want it to be, but if I'm 100% honest, from a pure gameplay perspective this is EASILY the most authentic and representative NHL experience I've ever enjoyed. Mess with the sliders a bit, put it on hardcore and if it's not the closest to real hockey that the EA games have offered so far than I must not be watching as much hockey as I thought (hint; I'm a one sport fanatic). There's so many loose pucks and broken plays and much more bumping and jostling than ever before. I'm more impressed than I anticipated being.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: The game just doesn't feel right, players and checks don't really have weight to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
I disagree. There are several areas where I'm disappointed and plenty that still needs to be tweaked and added for gameplay to be where I truly want it to be, but if I'm 100% honest, from a pure gameplay perspective this is EASILY the most authentic and representative NHL experience I've ever enjoyed. Mess with the sliders a bit, put it on hardcore and if it's not the closest to real hockey that the EA games have offered so far than I must not be watching as much hockey as I thought (hint; I'm a one sport fanatic). There's so many loose pucks and broken plays and much more bumping and jostling than ever before. I'm more impressed than I anticipated being.
That aspect is fine, but like when you build speed and hit someone they sort of just fall over checks don't feel like they have any type of momentum or anything. It's hard to explain, there's plenty of good but man, 14 still had some things that feel better still. I want a realistic hockey but with a little added gaming aspect by checks that feel like they had weight to them, they just don't feel complete.

Or like In 14 when you score and slam into the boards you heard it and it really felt like you hit them, and here you barely look like you get off the ground and there's next to no sound.. It just feels like it's missing certain effects.

There's things it does right, but a lot that 14 still does better imho
Old 09-16-2015, 11:19 PM   #4
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

I think your problem is less of weight than it is acceleration. If you get a guy going fast enough, your check will be much more devastating. The less the speed, the less force behind your check. While things do seem a little floaty, I think if you mess around with the checking sliders then you'll get exactly what you're looking for.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:27 AM   #5
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

I think thats a totally false statement at least with checking because I can change the games checking by sliders alone and on default AS Kaner is bouncing off of people after a check and Seabs normally has solid checks and same thing when I try and hit Buff head on , its like hitting a cement post .

Now on players Im not sure yet Im gonna have to play much deeper and get back to you but once again I think the in game sliders can adjust the game to anyway you wanna play . But like I said before on attributes alone Im not sure yet .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 11:00 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
I think thats a totally false statement at least with checking because I can change the games checking by sliders alone and on default AS Kaner is bouncing off of people after a check and Seabs normally has solid checks and same thing when I try and hit Buff head on , its like hitting a cement post .

Now on players Im not sure yet Im gonna have to play much deeper and get back to you but once again I think the in game sliders can adjust the game to anyway you wanna play . But like I said before on attributes alone Im not sure yet .

I'm an online player tho, do sliders affect anything for online?
Old 09-17-2015, 11:11 AM   #7
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeOfThorns
I'm an online player tho, do sliders affect anything for online?
Im offline only so I dont have that problem to much accept when CPU is boosted .
Nah your correct then as Online is gimped to keep games competitive so expect out shooting bad players and teams 40 to 7 but losing 3 to 1 ect.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:37 AM   #8
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

I actually think the checking is FAR better than 15.. no more guys flying all over the place.. that I've seen yet .. after a check... My issue with checking is .. I hit a player with the puck.. they go down.. BUT they get right up a LOT of the time and beat me to the puck after the hit and continue on with it even as I try and go to it

XBox: DHMNPhotos

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »