Home

Career mode idea of switching MLS teams into BPL

This is a discussion on Career mode idea of switching MLS teams into BPL within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2015, 03:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Career mode idea of switching MLS teams into BPL

My reasoning is I want to get to know the MLS teams and players while getting all of the BPL licensing perks. More tournaments and such. Maybe easier signing big name European players etc.

I know the MLS teams will start out way behind in Overalls, talent and budget. So much so, year 2 whoever gets promoted into the BPL could very well start the year as the favorites. The first couple of years of tournaments could be pretty rough too.

How much of the BPL extras are tied to the team specifically and how much to the stadiums? I am thinking the way to get the most out of it, would be to swap out the rosters player for player. I just know that will be a royal pain and I am not sure what it would do to the budgets.

Any thoughts/ideas on this? Besides it being a lot of time to set up something that could end up not working very well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Career mode idea of switching MLS teams into BPL

Just a thought but getting to know the MLS and then placing the BPL rosters on the teams may be self defeating. You will simply know BPL teams with MLS logos. Outside that it will kinda work.

Except MLS budgets may not allow much signing especially as BPL pay rolls areso high... No clue how this will play out.

To me the BPL presentation is great and I get why you would do it. One thing is the team stadiums all being unique is cool but MLS teams will not be able to keep the BPL stadiums.

I say go for it, may work well. Just realize you loose the stadiums.

One idea is place them in a lower level league of the EPL and see if any move up or if you can move up one. I have before placed Celtic and Rangers in the league 1 of EPL. Celtic made it to Championship League but niether made it to the BPL. Can not do this anymore as Rangers is not in the game.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Yeah I have done the whole start in the BPL feeder leagues and work up. It is fun within itself but by the time you get to the BPL you are kind of at the burn out point. And any bugs have has several seasons to do whatever they do in any given year.

My plain is to play a MLS team in a BPL league. Right now I see really two options. 1) swap team by team and risk losing some of the BPL specials and arenas and such. 2) swap the rosters by going man by man. Then I think I will lose the MLS kits, stadiums, and any "personalities" that might be programmed in team by team. But I think this will take forever to set up.

I am going to do some form of this just to play with the guts of the game and see how bad I can break it.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:16 AM   #4
Rookie

nerd_rock's Arena

MLS is roughly on par with the Championship League teams I think. So that would be a good place to start. Not sure how the BPL licensing would work with all of that though.

The closest I have done is moved Columbus Crew to the Championship League and try to get them to the BPL. The first season they finished mid table (sim matches). I wish you could do a cpu vs cpu coach mode.

If you go this route there a few things you can do for easy money. Before starting you can edit rosters and put high dollar players on your team (Ronaldo, Bale, Messi, etc...) and then just sell them immediately. A lot of times you will get offers from their teams so you can sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid and get quite a lot of money for scouts, talent, or whatever.

Another method is adding decent players from the Rest Of The World league to your team before starting. Those players aren't involved in any other competition and are just wasted talent. They can be sold for decent money. To get some good scouts and youth squad ready for promotion.

I'd love for a way to combine the Mexican league with MLS for promotion and relegation instead of the MLS playoffs and US Open Cup playing the same teams over and over.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:58 AM   #5
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

I do it every year i take the sounders cuz im a homer. I start them in league 2 they kill league 2 and normal league 1 the next year, but it gives a chance for my budget to go up each year so when i get to year 3 and 4 my budget matches a little more closer to the BPL teams. In fifa 16 i have not gotten to year 2 yet so i dont know how this will work but im guessing its the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 09:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile04
I do it every year i take the sounders cuz im a homer. I start them in league 2 they kill league 2 and normal league 1 the next year, but it gives a chance for my budget to go up each year so when i get to year 3 and 4 my budget matches a little more closer to the BPL teams. In fifa 16 i have not gotten to year 2 yet so i dont know how this will work but im guessing its the same.
I once did a MM with New England, but only buying players that would (in real life) qualify to play for England. Was quite fun actually.

Other than that, i (at some point will be trying to get Orlando City up to the BPL from League 2. Originally a sister team to Stoke so its like using my own team without using them

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »