Home

2K16 - shoes, bugs and other stuff

This is a discussion on 2K16 - shoes, bugs and other stuff within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 08:47 PM   #1
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Sup guys,

First of all let me tell you that I've played 3 games and the game plays AWESOME! it's incredible the upgrade from last year, I'm gonna enjoy this game a lot!.

BUT, as a sneakerhead I've been taking a look at shoes and all that stuff and right now I have a feeling of disppointment in this field, this is why:

1 - When I saw we finally had home and away shoes I thought it was great news, but seeing how it works it's kind of useless for roster editors if you want to share ur roster.

That option lets you choose the shoe model with its preset colors for home and away (basically what we had last year) and the other option we have to "customize" the shoe is an option called "colorway" which basically is useless: just gives 1 or 2 shoe variations with preset colors that almost nobody will use.

Basically, if you want to share you roster home and away shoe feature is useless because created shoes can't be uploaded with the rest of the roster.

2 - We have new scanned shoes that really look incredible, but it's just the shoes they added this year, almost all the rest (some old jordans were scanned too) keep looking like kleenex boxes.

3 - There's a bug with Hyperdunks 2015 and LeBrons, even being in the game don't appear in the shoe selection menu, so basically, can't be selected.

Don't know if this happens with other models too

4 - Full leg accessories have a bug, everytime you select one of those socks disappear

5 - It's been this way since last year and still not fixed: ankle wrap should go UNDER the sock, not above.

6 - They added mouthpieces but don't let you choose it as an accessory. It would be a good option sice a lot of players wear them

7 - No headband option for real players yet

8 - Shoe creator is exactly the same

When I saw scanned and home and away shoes I thought that maybe this was finally the year they would show some love for sneakerheads, but now I have the sensation I have every year these days: half done work (JUST IN THIS FIELD OF THE GAME).

Devs capture all the players they can to recreate EVERYBODY's moves and faces, Beds does and amazing job recreating EVERYBODY's ratings and tendencies, and even getting every player on a roster in the game... If there's a shoe department their aim should be trying get everybody's shoes present in the game, so after all these years is a shame that they haven't got it or, at least, being even close.

It could have been as easy as using that useless new feature in the edit player menu called 'colorways', and, after selecting the shoe, being able to edit its colors layer by layer as if you were in the shoe editor; that would be all, this way we would be able to recreate every player of the game shoes at home and away, and would be able to share them with the rest of the community since it would be part of the roster.

I guess we'll have to keep waiting...

Last edited by seanbarkley; 09-26-2015 at 05:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K16 - shoes, bugs and other stuff

2k still has yet to explain why headbands can't be put on and off players.. 😐
Old 09-24-2015, 10:08 PM   #3
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Hoping for a shoe creator revamp next year for new custom patterns and such. I'm not as disappointed as you, but I do agree with your points greatly
Old 09-24-2015, 10:11 PM   #4
Rookie

For the love of GOD can they ATLEAST get the Jordan colorways right on his feet! It's a huuuuuge disappointment with these fake red and black colorways.. Also take black socks off of any team under 1996
Old 09-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #5
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

So do the edited shoes we create show up in the colorway section??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 10:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Pacinodapiff's Arena

Do u have a video for the sneakers SB?
Old 09-24-2015, 10:25 PM   #7
Rookie

cody.morgan24's Arena

Very disappointed in this news sean, but I still have a feeling that you and rest of simworld guys will give us the most authentic roster we've seen!
Old 09-25-2015, 04:06 PM   #8
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
So do the edited shoes we create show up in the colorway section??

Yes, they show up there, but when you upload a roster with players equiped with edited shoes they will reset to the default model, so basically it's useless for roster editors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody.morgan24
Very disappointed in this news sean, but I still have a feeling that you and rest of simworld guys will give us the most authentic roster we've seen!

Thanks for the confidence man, but sadly all we can do is just select the model, we can't do any edit with colors.

Last edited by seanbarkley; 09-25-2015 at 04:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »