Home

World Class/Professional

This is a discussion on World Class/Professional within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
World Class/Professional

As noticed by many, there's a bit of an issue with Professional and World Class in terms of the jump between them. This has been an issue in my estimation for about 3-4 years and i think i know why after playing this year's game.

Fifa 16 is probably the best playing iteration we've had in some time and definitely the most realistic in terms of overall feel and everything. That makes the CPU unfairness stand out even more now when it occurs (which is thankfully much less than in years past). This is what makes World Class a terrible difficulty. It's clear that there are just stat boosts and mind-reading interceptions used to simulate difficulty. I don't care for that kind of stuff one bit.

What leads me to even post this is that i know i'm not alone - professional is too easy (like win the league every season with Liverpool easy) and World Class, while giving realistic outcomes, is simply boring/frustrating/artificial feeling. I miss opportunities based on things out of my control or literally by being cheated (although still less than in any Fifa game i've ever played) while on Professional i get to convert those and don't get robbed. Unfortunately, playing the perfect balance of Professional means i get to clobber my CPU opponent week in and week out regardless of talent i have on my team or who i'm facing.

What are you guys doing to overcome this dilemma?

Last edited by aarontab; 09-26-2015 at 01:34 PM. Reason: typos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: World Class/Professional

I was in that boat. I simply adjusted the WC difficulty to make it a tad bit easier. I turned down AI pass accuracy and increased first touch error. About 8 matches into my EPL season I have THFC in 8th which is about right.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkeeper
I was in that boat. I simply adjusted the WC difficulty to make it a tad bit easier. I turned down AI pass accuracy and increased first touch error. About 8 matches into my EPL season I have THFC in 8th which is about right.
What have you set your slider at for passing error for CPU mate?
Old 09-26-2015, 03:09 PM   #4
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4velle
What have you set your slider at for passing error for CPU mate?
I believe I had it at 43 (if it's accuracy) and 57 (if it's pass error). Don't remember which one it is but I know I moved it 7 clicks.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:20 PM   #5
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

I'm going to have to try this i think. I hesitated to use sliders too much this year because i'm afraid of throwing off the balance of what amounts to a very well balanced game.

Just played a couple matches on Professional just to see where i'm at - the games are so much more evenly matched but there is just no way the CPU can score enough to beat me. Professional = 3-2, 3-1, 2-0 scorelines in my favor, World Class = 1-0, 0-0, 1-1 scorelines with a ton of grinding and possession.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 05:37 PM   #6
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

As as a season player, 7 games in, I completely agree. World Class is basically what I play on FIFA, but in 14 and 15 I've adjusted sliders a bit too make the CPU play less well and I think it will happen again this year.

What I've noticed is the CPU this year is much better at reading passes, intercepting you, and getting the ball back in the midfield. This is actually kind of a good thing, as I think the single biggest issue with past FIFAs was the AI being too lax against me, allowing me to dominant the midfield and never really have them get into the game.

Thats not the same this year, which is great. But on default world class I'm getting my *** kicked a bit, and in ~7 games have only scored more than 1 goal in a game once. I think I see a really varied game here - but I still think I'm gonna adjust the CPU's man marking, boost their pass error slightly, and also perhaps increase the HUM pass accuracy.

The goalkeepers are also back to being great this year, after being incredibly poorly designed in 15. May need to drop down ability a tad though.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #7
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Does anybody actually score goals with feet from open play on World Class? I think of the goals i've scored, maybe 1-2 have been with feet on WC. It's all headers from corners, headers from crosses, and penalties. On Professional i get a ton of variety but anytime i shoot on WC, it's blocked or saved.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:17 AM   #8
SQI
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think I've scored just one goal in five games or so on WC. I conceded maybe 2 or 3. They are killing it with passes and they are much physically stronger than on professional. The only goal I've scored is a header.

No idea what I'm going to do but judging by your thoughts, playing on WC with default slider will never get better, no matter how good I am.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »