Home

Pro.5 - The Purgatory Between Professional & World Class

This is a discussion on Pro.5 - The Purgatory Between Professional & World Class within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 03:20 PM   #1
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Pro.5 - The Purgatory Between Professional & World Class

So if you're like me this year, Professional is fun and exciting while you dominate the CPU and run roughshod all over them. World Class is challenging but the CPU seems to just have control - every team is able to grind you out to dead-even team stats and neutered score-lines. If this describes you at all, I'm going to need you to bear with me here.

You're never going to believe me. You'll look at these sliders and you'll shake your head and you'll find fault in them but I will promise you one thing - EA is nothing if not predictable. There is usually a very small change, a balance alteration behind the results we see in gameplay at default sliders. The best way i can explain this is that while the sliders will always be default at 50 with a 0-100 range, the underlying default values are altered on the same engine. In other words, if you notice marking is more extreme from one year to the next, odds are EA just boosted that slider and recalibrated it. Using this overly simplified approach is how these sliders came about.

Another note before the sliders: They aren't linear. For example, if they were what people treat them as, then a GK ability slider of 0 should mean that a GK is unable to save ANYTHING. Zero would represent literally 0 ability. It would function more like the "Sprint Speed" slider does - however, we can objectively prove this to be untrue. That's the main principle of these sliders.

Difficulty: World Class
Half Length: Doesn't Matter
Controls: Doesn't Matter (I'm on assisted for a lot of things, manual lobs)

If a setting is not listed, it is default at 50.

USER:
Pass Error: 0
Marking: 55
First Touch Error: 45

CPU:
Pass Error: 55
GK Ability: 0
Marking: 45
First Touch Error: 55

That's it. With these settings, i'm still challenged and still probably losing a deal of matches - but i've finally been able to score goals that look like the ones i scored on Professional. Only with less frequency. Scoring is WAY down with these sliders, but up enough that i would label non-header, non-penalty goals as "possible" finally. That was my main issue.

These sliders aren't rocket science - GK were saving every attempt i seemed to be able to get off so i lowered their ability to 0. I have experience with extreme slider sets that have worked wonders in the past, so i tried that again. Saves are still VERY frequent, but not overpowered. You'll change the way you look at the sliders if you just trust me on this.

I was unable to build reliable attacks because in the final third, my (assisted, mind you) passes were going slightly off and killing the attack. I wanted to experiment with no error and see how that played out, but in the process i discovered a dirty secret i've seen before: THERE'S STILL A TON OF ERROR. The calibration is different than you're picturing, also the game has different rules for "in the box". Once you get in the box where you could pass to score, the error increases at least ten-fold again. That's basically a slider we don't have access to.

Since this slider set is about difficulty adjustment, marking was offset accordingly and so was first touch error. Those values can be slowly worked back towards 50 as you improve and want to close in on World Class default.

That's it. You won't believe me, you'll tell me I'm wrong and that it ruins the game. But you won't know until you try it. Look at your stats after a match and see that your Pass % is still identical, but you didn't lose the ball RIGHT when you had a chance to score. Look at the saves after a match and see that the GK saved the same % of shots, but the one INSANE save he would usually make didn't happen.

Try them out. Feedback is welcomed so long as you keep in mind that I'm not looking for higher realism, just a difficulty closer to World Class, but with training wheels.

Last edited by aarontab; 09-27-2015 at 03:25 PM. Reason: typos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 03:34 PM   #2
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Pro.5 - The Purgatory Between Professional & World Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
Try them out. Feedback is welcomed so long as you keep in mind that I'm not looking for higher realism, just a difficulty closer to World Class, but with training wheels.
I'm about to give these a go. Exactly as you have them listed. Slow, 9 minute quarters, kick-off mode (not sure if that matters as opposed to MM?).

Going to play the Arsenal/Leicester game from yesterday...
Old 09-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Match Facts for most recent Europa League match:

Fenerbahçe / Liverpool (me, obviously)

Shots: 3/7
On Target: 3/6
Poss%: 41/59
Tackles: 14/8
Fouls: 4/3
Corners: 1/3
Shot%: 100/85
Pass%: 85/88

End Score: Fenerbahçe 1 - Liverpool 2

Wide open play including a penalty in the second half.

Mignolet had 6 saves (even though there were 3 shots? Crosses i guess) and Demirel had 5 saves.

Bear in mind, one GK is set at 50 for ability and the other is set at literally 0.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:02 PM   #4
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

OVR: 0

Excited to try these...I read through your previous forum and have been having the same issues as you. I'll post after I've played a few matches.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:16 PM   #5
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

If i could ask one favor - I'm a crazy good FK taker, converting at least 50% of them within shooting distance. Since i've put these sliders on I've had a pretty good run on FK, so i was wondering if somebody tries these out who considers themselves an "average to below-average FK taker", let me know if the 0 GK Ability is just making it impossible for them to defend FK within range. Thanks in advance, hope you enjoy the sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 04:16 PM   #6
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Gave these a go in 'kickoff'

Arsenal/Leicester: 0 - 0

Shots: 2/10
On Target: 2/5
Possession: 45/55
Fouls: 2/1
Corners: 1/2
Pass: 84%/86%

I did get an 85' goal from Walcott nullified by offsides. He was offsides by less than a foot. Very disappointed. I had hardly any decent chances. They had a lot of shots, but not many of them made me hold my breath when they were taken.

Only 1 game, but I think WC is a bit too much for me yet.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:21 PM   #7
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Gave these a go in 'kickoff'

Arsenal/Leicester: 0 - 0

Shots: 2/10
On Target: 2/5
Possession: 45/55
Fouls: 2/1
Corners: 1/2
Pass: 84%/86%

I did get an 85' goal from Walcott nullified by offsides. He was offsides by less than a foot. Very disappointed. I had hardly any decent chances. They had a lot of shots, but not many of them made me hold my breath when they were taken.

Only 1 game, but I think WC is a bit too much for me yet.
Lower CPU marking. It's keeping you from getting space. Just keep in mind, with the other changes made to the sliders, there's an intercept at which point you could make World Class easier than Professional. Use that slider with caution - it's a big difference maker this year from a difficulty standpoint.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #8
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
If i could ask one favor - I'm a crazy good FK taker, converting at least 50% of them within shooting distance. Since i've put these sliders on I've had a pretty good run on FK, so i was wondering if somebody tries these out who considers themselves an "average to below-average FK taker", let me know if the 0 GK Ability is just making it impossible for them to defend FK within range. Thanks in advance, hope you enjoy the sliders.
I will give it a try. I'm not automatic by any means.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »