Home

2K should just make a NBA 2K StreetBall

This is a discussion on 2K should just make a NBA 2K StreetBall within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cool 2K should just make a NBA 2K StreetBall

I don't know if anybody mention this. But I really think 2K should just make a NBA 2K StreetBall. Why you ask? Because I want NBA 2K just to focus on NBA Basketball and make improvements from there instead of having all these unrelated features that don't have nothing to do with the NBA. I love my NBA and I always enjoy street ball I just prefer to have them on separate games like EA did with NBA Streets. Just imagine how greater 2K can become if they just focus on NBA basketball man oh man. What you guts think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 12:59 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2K should just make a NBA 2K StreetBall

I believe they are making improvements to the gameplay on the court. Just look at what Da Czar and OG accomplished in a complete dev cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 01:21 AM   #3
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

2k, or in this case, Visual Concepts, is a very big company with more than enough people focused on the NBA aspect of the game. The biggest obstacle is time. No matter how great the ideas are, a cycle is roughly ten months of work. Since much of the game is tied together, there is simply no way to make certain changes within a given cycle.

Example: Developer X improves the motion. Developer Y now has new options for defensive logic, based on that motion. Developer Z can now rewrite how the plays are run. Based on all of this, the passing has to be adjusted. They can't all do this at the same time and must rely on the completion, balancing and checking of each change to implement a great new idea.

This isn't an excuse or defense for 2k. It's about knowing the process and how your feedback for the game can realistically fit into that process.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:35 AM   #4
Rookie

Make sense. But you don't think 2K can improve better if they just focus on NBA and Streetball separately? To use all there resources to make even bigger improvements.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:54 AM   #5
Rookie

Syco_G's Arena

How exactly would splitting the game apart help 2k focus on gameplay?

Main NBA 2K16 Myteam Lineup:
Chris Paul -Allstar- / Steph Curry
Michael Jordan -DPotY- / Harden
Klay Thompson / Pippen
Anthony Davis / Aminu
Bill Russell -MVP- / Ewing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 02:06 AM   #6
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

2k is fine with what they're doing now. Let EA bring back NBA Street or something since they don't how to make Live any good.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 02:36 AM   #7
Rookie

2K should just make a NBA 2K StreetBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zboogie
I don't know if anybody mention this. But I really think 2K should just make a NBA 2K StreetBall. Why you ask? Because I want NBA 2K just to focus on NBA Basketball and make improvements from there instead of having all these unrelated features that don't have nothing to do with the NBA. I love my NBA and I always enjoy street ball I just prefer to have them on separate games like EA did with NBA Streets. Just imagine how greater 2K can become if they just focus on NBA basketball man oh man. What you guts think?

Man I couldn't agree with you more. I just finished going off on another thread in regards to this, funny I used NBA street as my reference as well. You see us that come from online association look at My Park, My Court and My Career and go, "are you serious? You remove my favorite mode, for this?" I had to pop it back in the case, I'm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tap
Old 10-01-2015, 05:24 AM   #8
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Coaches
Man I couldn't agree with you more. I just finished going off on another thread in regards to this, funny I used NBA street as my reference as well. You see us that come from online association look at My Park, My Court and My Career and go, "are you serious? You remove my favorite mode, for this?" I had to pop it back in the case, I'm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tap

This makes no sense though.. Those parts of the game SELL the game. I don't understand how just because some people don't like certain modes so they don't belong.
Also didn't we get Online MyLeague this year? I know it's not exactly association, but it's a start in the right direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »