Home

Should I play on All Star or Superstar for a better experience?

This is a discussion on Should I play on All Star or Superstar for a better experience? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Should I play on All Star or Superstar for a better experience?

Thoughts?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 12:32 AM   #2
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Re: Should I play on All Star or Superstar for a better experience?

Play on All Star. It's pretty wicked. A lot of close games down to the wire and sometimes some blowouts on my side. Beating the AI by 30-40 or you lose by 1 or 2 points. Had an awesome game with the Thunder vs Raptors. I was down one and I hit an open 3 when Carroll forgot to cover Durant when he inbounded the ball. It was an epic dagger. I am loving All Star so far.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:58 AM   #3
Rookie

ifitbeginsitends's Arena

OVR: 2

on day one I put global settings to superstar and I haven't looked backed yet
Old 10-02-2015, 10:10 AM   #4
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Seems to play good on All Star.

Sent using a telephone
Old 10-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

It will depend on skill level but I will say this, Pre-Patch I pretty much had my way on superstar. I wouldn't say I was blowing teams out but I would win quite comfortably by around 10 points. This was also with me putting in little effort. I could score when I wanted and could give the computer trouble on defense, minus the moments they would drive in the lane without resistance.

Post Patch I figured "I've played well on superstar thus far let's stick with it." I played 1 game as the Spurs against the Warriors and I struggled to say the least. Shooting was much more inconsistent, CPU defense in general was stiffer, more difficult to get by 1 on 1 defenders, and even plays weren't as success. Pre patch if I called a play chances were it would result in an easy or open opportunity. It was also much more difficult to guard the computer. Curry and Thompson were a handful taking and hitting shots when given space. Needless to say I ended up losing the game by double digits, I did get frustrated at the end resulting in horrendous possessions on my part.

Not to take anything away from the patch, it definitely made a difference, but I will say this in Pre-Patch situation I typically used teams with a scoring superstar type player (Thunder, Wizards, Warriors). This could have been a reason that I had a much easier time scoring, Spurs don't exactly have a go to scorer that creates his own shots like Durant, Westbrook, Curry, Wall, etc. I also played a bunch of 2K in between the time I played pre and post Patch Live so there was a bit of a relearning of how the game plays (typically you don't play Live how would play 2k and vice versa).

I haven't played allstar since so I cant say whether or not allstar would be too easy or just right. I'd say start at all star, if games are close stick with it for a little bit then move to superstar if you begin to have your way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #6
Rookie

pies's Arena

OVR: 1

I always play on the hardest level no matter what

Live 15 had little to no problems beating/blowing out the cpu

Live 16 so far I'm having a lot of trouble beating the cpu on superstar

close games and still really fun but losing way more than 15

I like it
Old 10-06-2015, 08:49 PM   #7
Rookie

The computer will give you competition on All Star, I can't blow by them easy off the dribble, open shots off open looks don't always equal buckets, and their star players will attack you on offense.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:45 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball Nate
The computer will give you competition on All Star, I can't blow by them easy off the dribble, open shots off open looks don't always equal buckets, and their star players will attack you on offense.

Just curious . Are you playing on All Star with default slider settings to achieve these results ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »