Home

I am just not interested in this NHL series any longer..

This is a discussion on I am just not interested in this NHL series any longer.. within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 04:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
I am just not interested in this NHL series any longer..

I am just not interested in this NHL series any longer. Anyone else feel the same way? It feels (though I have not played this years version but I cam surely imagine) as though I have been playing the exact same game for years. Same graphics, same animations, same issues, Same AI... just same all around.

To be honest, I strongly believe the NHL series from EA needs to be re-built from the ground up. At this point with today's hardware and expertise, these games should be much better.

Any one else feeling this way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I am just not interested in this NHL series any longer..

I agree to an extent, but once they fix the tuner problem, it's really good.....maybe I'm getting old, but I honestly can't see how much better they can make any of these sports games....maybe I'm wrong though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2015, 04:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrishRangers78
I agree to an extent, but once they fix the tuner problem, it's really good.....maybe I'm getting old, but I honestly can't see how much better they can make any of these sports games....maybe I'm wrong though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is so many thing they can improve. I am uncertain if the current team is the right team to move forward. I don't mean that in disrespect of the work they have done but sometime you need a pair of fresh eye to go to the next level.

If only my buddy that works on the FIFA AI would be lend to the NHL Team for a few months. That would be a good start. (they are in the same office)
Old 10-02-2015, 04:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Yeah I don't know, it just seems stale to me. I could live with the graphics /sound and those sort of things if they re-built the engine underneath. With how things work and interact with each other. Hell, maybe I am just getting old and bitter.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #5
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0

The best thing to do is not buy it every year. Or buy it later than the release date and get it on sale, scour Amazon until you see a deal. Plus, is there another hockey game?

Or better yet realize it's an EA game.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

I really feel sorry for the guys who open their wallets to get htis game. Perhaps next time, do the route of renting it first. Now I hope EA would resolve this stupid mistake...or better yet just bring back the option for us to chose which tuner we would like to use.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:18 PM   #7
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Its not stale to me at all and they added alot of great atmosphere the last few years that will hopefully be built upon but for the last few years when the first game update or tuner comes as a overwrite the game I enjoyed out of the box so much becomes a nightmare to try and get it back to the game it was .

If I could just get roster updates or roster share I wouldnt even go online with this game EVER .
Old 10-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #8
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm actually enjoying 16 more now than at launch. It's taken me a while to understand how to play halfway decently defensively, vs the ai. Lots of my early trouble with this years game was because of my own poor play. With a few slider tweaks, and playing with more responsibility, i'm starting to get things together with my GM mode. 3-5-2 so far on all-star. This is not to say the game doesn't have It's issues. I'm just starting to adjust to some of them. So yeah, i'm kinda digging 16 right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »