Home

De Gea to Real Madrid

This is a discussion on De Gea to Real Madrid within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
De Gea to Real Madrid

So every year with FIFA my go to manager team is Man Utd, love em to death but this year in 16 every single career mode I've created De Gea has flat out said he wants to leave and the board ends up selling him to (you'll never guess)... Real Madrid. I've started 3 different manager modes to try and fix this but nothing at all seems to change it, its almost as if its coded into the game that he will definitively leave United and be sold to Real Madrid. Yes in reality there were many rumors and all indications that he would be sold to Madrid inevitably but that didn't end up happening and De Gea ended up signing a 4 year extension. I want to know if anyone else is having this problem because its really pissing me off that this keeps happening it really makes the manager mode frustrating because it has happened every single time. It's a video game WE AS THE PLAYERS should be able to control what happens in the universe and not be decided by EA's ridiculously biased transfer logic.

Oh sidenote when the board sells him he is sold for the absolute bare minimum which has been around $40,000,000 USD on average because he has been worth different amounts each time. What a slap to the face because he is potentially worth double that in game...

Last edited by finn712; 10-10-2015 at 12:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 04:43 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: De Gea to Real Madrid

It's not totally unrealistic, including the price tag. I accidentally sold him in the January window of the first year to Bayern Munich. They offered 35 mil and I jokingly countered with 70 mil flat and they took, WITH FREAKING Neur on the roster. That's a damn joke. Completely ruined the career mode, but lesson learned on playing around with counter offers.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:44 AM   #3
Rookie

I do agree with you about controlling the transfers more, and how annoying it when the board forces one. Honestly though, it happens to managers a lot in real life, and it is manager mode, not board of director or owner mode. I always disallow transfers for certain players every window if I don't want to hear it, works 95% of the time.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:04 AM   #4
Like Father Like son

ROABS's Arena

OVR: 17

when you start your career mode , have you tried to sign him to a nice contract with high wages? maybe make him your captain also? praise him in the media when you have a chance?

If you do all that and he still wants to leave chances are they coded it in the game that he wants to leave. btw just because he signed in real life doesnt mean he still wont go to madrid down the road. its still his dream move and man u wanted him signed to raise his buy out fee.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #5
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

SAVE OFTEN. Then you can do the back out and reload trick and see if you can get different results. Doesn't work EVERY time, but most times it will get you out of it.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 12:38 PM   #6
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Just buy Lloris from Spurs. Hes a better keeper anyways.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Yup I did everything imaginable that I could, I would praise him and I would sign him to a new contract extension. The deafault contract in game at the start of the career mode was 240k USD and I extended him to 5 years with 275k USD which made him happy. Also he was almost always in excellent form I trained him consistently and got him up to an 88 before the January window in 2 of the modes.

And Bayern Munich were consistently trying to buy him from me it makes no sense I almost considered trying to do a swap for Neur with whatever cash needed.... shouldve done it silly me lol

I thought about Lloris but I ended up going with Leno who's pretty young and has good stats to begin with he can be trained up extensively too.

It definitely makes the career mode more interesting by throwing that curve in there every season but it shouldnt happen in every single one I do, at least randomise it and we can pretend that he likes being at Utd currently
Old 10-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

thats weird because in mine career mode (not as a major BPL team) he is still with Man U 5 season in

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »