Home

NBA 2K16 Error Code CE-34878-0

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Error Code CE-34878-0 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2015, 05:08 AM   #1
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K16 Error Code CE-34878-0

what is this????
almost every time when im looking player stats im our online league,this hit happens? message appears and game crashes on my ps4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
Pro

Re: NBA 2K16 Error Code CE-34878-0

I've had this issue for a week now. It only happens when I try to face scan or edit tattoos in MyPlayer.

I've already submitted a ticket to 2k support, and I got hit with a general copy and paste reply. They associate the error code with common problems that have absolutely nothing to do with the actual issue.

They tell you to literally delete the game, and redownload it plus the update (if you have slow internet, you're not going to play for a few hours) and if that doesn't work, re update your firmware on your ps4, and if that doesn't work, guess what? They ignore you

I know they have high volumes of emails and issues, but for me not to even get a "we're looking into this" and it's been a week, is disrespectful to say the least. The game is essentially broken for me and they don't care, apparently.

Just by googling this error code and NBA 2k16 you will see this is a real issue.

The community needs to speak up instead of overlook threads like this. This needs attention. There is no known fix or workaround.

My guy has a bunch of tattoos, idk if I downloaded too many or what. This is upsetting
Old 10-10-2015, 01:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Seems like a memory issue or something. I have the same problem, after adding tons of tattoos. Sometimes it crashes just as I enter the CAP engine, other times when I enter the tattoo section - at times I haven't been able to change profile sliders from the mouth down (repeatably crashed when I scrolled past lower lip).

If I'm getting crashes I've been able to work around it by playing a game in MyCareer, heading back out into the MyPlayer CAP engine, and letting the engine settle for a few seconds before I try to change anything. Then I'll change something that doesn't depend on a slider, like facial hair or whatever. After that and only after that I can get into the tattoo section without it crashing, but only adjust existing tattoos, or add one at a time. Once I've done that and exited/saved, and I try to go back again, it's instant crash.

This issue is obviously prevalent enough for them to include in the upcoming patch. It doesn't seem to affect non-scans (heads made from presets).
Old 10-10-2015, 01:54 PM   #4
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Yeah i get this error when editing tattoos.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:03 PM   #5
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
I've had this issue for a week now. It only happens when I try to face scan or edit tattoos in MyPlayer.

I've already submitted a ticket to 2k support, and I got hit with a general copy and paste reply. They associate the error code with common problems that have absolutely nothing to do with the actual issue.

They tell you to literally delete the game, and redownload it plus the update (if you have slow internet, you're not going to play for a few hours) and if that doesn't work, re update your firmware on your ps4, and if that doesn't work, guess what? They ignore you

I know they have high volumes of emails and issues, but for me not to even get a "we're looking into this" and it's been a week, is disrespectful to say the least. The game is essentially broken for me and they don't care, apparently.

Just by googling this error code and NBA 2k16 you will see this is a real issue.

The community needs to speak up instead of overlook threads like this. This needs attention. There is no known fix or workaround.

My guy has a bunch of tattoos, idk if I downloaded too many or what. This is upsetting
Same. Except they asked me for video of the crashes and I sent them over. Still haven't heard anything though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Haven't updated my myplayers tattoos in a while now but I get this error during game and it take me back to the ps4 home screen. Do you think too many tattoos is the issue?
Old 10-10-2015, 08:49 PM   #7
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesBD
Haven't updated my myplayers tattoos in a while now but I get this error during game and it take me back to the ps4 home screen. Do you think too many tattoos is the issue?
I only have an arm sleeve and it still happens.

This is what happens when I go to edit MyPlayer:

The game also refuses to let me scan my face without crashing.

Last edited by MontanaMan; 10-10-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:09 AM   #8
Rookie

Holy ****....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »