Home

What happened to the the gradual pitch degrading feature?

This is a discussion on What happened to the the gradual pitch degrading feature? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What happened to the the gradual pitch degrading feature?

EA made a big deal last year about the gradual pitch degradation introduced with Fifa 15 and the fact that every slide and every pitch related action left a permanent effect on the turf, making the pitch degrade over the course of the game in exactly the right places. Personally I thought that was a great addition to the game, but somehow it has been omitted this year.
Can anyone throw any light on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
Rookie

flo182's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What happened to the the gradual pitch degrading feature?

It hasnt been omitted but maybe tuned down a bit?
Not sure if it's more/less than in FIFA 15 but it's definitely still in the game. Just had a match yesterday where I used a sliding tackle in the middle of the pitch and it was visible till the end of the match.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
EA made a big deal last year about the gradual pitch degradation introduced with Fifa 15 and the fact that every slide and every pitch related action left a permanent effect on the turf, making the pitch degrade over the course of the game in exactly the right places. Personally I thought that was a great addition to the game, but somehow it has been omitted this year.
Field degradation is still in there. I see it every game. What exactly are you talking about? Have you played FIFA 16 or are you looking at videos.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Its an option in the options menu now. You can choose none, light, heavy and default.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:08 PM   #5
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
be aware that there are at least 2 fields that have artificial turf, if you are playing on the Century link field(seatle seahawks/sounders field) there will not be field degredation as it is not real grass.

other than that it is there but it isn't as pronounced as it was last year and the 2nd half seems to have an "auto-degrade" built in that just looks more worn but not retaining the same slide marks. the scuffs and slide marks will stay for an entire half though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Its an option in the options menu now. You can choose none, light, heavy and default.
I think you are talking about the actual pitch condition, like playing on a pitch that looks like it is from the 2nd league of Spain or England in mid-December where the keeper's box looks worn out as does the center circle.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »