Home

QB Regression?

This is a discussion on QB Regression? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
Rookie

B-Lo-Z-Ro's Arena

OVR: 1
QB Regression?

I Play as a QB "Player franchise mode" and noticed certain attributes dropping from the 90s to the mid to low 80s in 1-2 seasons rather quickly compared to M15 not noticing regression until my player has played maybe 6-8 seasons. First season passing over 5k yards and 30 touchdowns being 21 years old. By the end of the season I maybe had a total of 8k xp compared to having over 15k in M15... Im guessing they did an overhaul on regression & XP points?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 11:34 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: QB Regression?

Yea the regression is kinda wonky (especially at certain positions such as qb).

And the xp system has been made a lot harder than previous years.

Just finished season 1 in my jags franchise and even with a 12 sack season, rookie of the year award, and all possible game prep xp loaded into rookie de fowler he only had around 13k xp on the season (got him to a 92 finesse move and 80 block shed though).

I like the xp now. Base ratings and especially development trait is super important.

I'm going to be starting a bears franchise (would stick with jags but that division is just always so weak especially in madden). I'm looking forward to having to rebuild almost an ENTIRE defense and in need of a qb/new franchise running back.

All I have for that team is 2 young stud receivers and a very talented corner.

And I know it'll take me at least 2 seasons of amazing drafting and free agency to even be competitive. Beats last year haha.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
MVP

yeah, there are only two 90s rated QB in my game after three season (rodgers & luck). cam dropped form 93 to 80 in just two years.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Kaepernick is my fantasy draft QB in franchise mode, terrible accuracy causes interceptions which drops accuracy which is impossible to upgrade because he gets no XP.

Broke the record with 8 TDs passing in a game plus rushing yards and TDs, player of the week, not enough XP to raise his horrible accuracy the automatically drops a single point.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:44 PM   #5
MVP

yep, my third year QB (with one SB win) has regressed across the board. the same goes for my LT. the OL in general has all seen a drop off.

from what i can tell, simming games is where the drop off occurs. if you play the games, the decreases are minimal other than to the LT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2015, 10:42 PM   #6
Rookie

MidMellow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Lo-Z-Ro
I Play as a QB "Player franchise mode" and noticed certain attributes dropping from the 90s to the mid to low 80s in 1-2 seasons rather quickly compared to M15 not noticing regression until my player has played maybe 6-8 seasons. First season passing over 5k yards and 30 touchdowns being 21 years old. By the end of the season I maybe had a total of 8k xp compared to having over 15k in M15... Im guessing they did an overhaul on regression & XP points?
Yeah, there are drop offs to a players ability because if you've ever used the EA DB Editor and opened up a roster save file before you load it into a CFM. You see there's an attribute field that's hidden from the game when loaded that has to do with players being in certain stages of their career. Those three stages are incline, plateau & decline. The player's age during his rookie year tells you pretty much how much time you have to develop him the best you can before he declines drastically. If you have a player that's at the middle or end of their career, it will be a little harder to develop them because they won't be receiving large amounts of XP even when they complete major task like breaking records or winning championships.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:42 PM   #7
Rookie

So is there a solution to this problem? Would you not do franchise because of this?

Last edited by Joel3232; 11-25-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:28 PM   #8
MVP

it has not affected my team's current QB so far. but it pulled kaepernick down year after year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »