Home

Pro Am walk on.

This is a discussion on Pro Am walk on. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pro Am walk on.

Don't get me wrong Pro Am is really good but my problem is being from the UK none of my friends are interested in Basketball.

So I'm always matched up with people who have no clue and just run and jack up stupid shots, making it a lot less fun. for example.

Guess a lot of you run with five so my point is am i just unlucky or is that the problem with playing walk on.

Anybody looking to play hit me up, ogmisery_24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by bennewman1989; 10-26-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Pro Am walk on.

That's the problem with playing as a walk-on, if you don't go in there with at least a group of 3 then you're gonna have a bad time most of the time.

95% of randoms playing hero ball, iso ball, kobe bryant ball, whatever you wanna call it, however you'll occasionally find someone who's a good teammate.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 10-26-2015, 11:25 AM   #3
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm honestly surprised so many people stayed till the end. All the Pro-Am games I play everybody has pretty much quit by the 3rd quarter.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #4
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

That's what happens when you run with randoms.

I played it once and I'll never do it again.

Everyone wants to shoot 3s, I was the PG yet my teammates wouldn't even inbound me the ball. They would throw it up half court to the SG/SF, no one plays in the post, everyone full court presses which lead to them constantly getting blown by and giving the other team easy point. The bball iq of randoms is so ridiculously low it's hilarious.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #5
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I agree, a group of 3 is pretty much the best chance for walk ons. That way if you have them dudes who just wanna shoot and never pass you have the option to freeze them out of the offense.

My suggestion to you, is go play park.

Send party invites to guys you play with who are good and play the way you like, see if they wanna hit up pro-am. Most the time they'll do it, I know it's the best way last year to get random games in the rec center.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

I played a walk on game over the weekend and it was surprisingly smooth (didn't notice any lag). It wasn't cheesy either. We lost but I could see myself playing this mode every once in a while.

The only issue was we had the same uni's as our opponents. The only difference was the color of our numbers. I didn't like that.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennewman1989
Don't get me wrong Pro Am is really good but my problem is being from the UK none of my friends are interested in Basketball.

So I'm always matched up with people who have no clue and just run and jack up stupid shots, making it a lot less fun. for example.

Guess a lot of you run with five so my point is am i just unlucky or is that the problem with playing walk on.

Anybody looking to play hit me up, ogmisery_24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're not unlucky. I'm in the USA and I get matched up with idiots who don't know the game of basketball as well.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_Almighty
You're not unlucky. I'm in the USA and I get matched up with idiots who don't know the game of basketball as well.

You can see from the picture I'm not too bothered about scoring, I'll happily get assists but when you play with those sort of guys we are on about its just Kobe ball and you get bypassed. I want to play basketball not run and jack up contested shots every play. Let's face it as well the game are a good fifteen minutes and that **** gets boring real fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »