Home

Full 2016 Draft Class w/Accurate Faces+Ratings (PS4)

This is a discussion on Full 2016 Draft Class w/Accurate Faces+Ratings (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
Rookie

EmbraceThePace's Arena

OVR: 0
Full 2016 Draft Class w/Accurate Faces+Ratings (PS4)

2016 w/Accurate Faces+Ratings
2017 w/Accurate Faces+Ratings

Available Now on PS4!

Ben Simmons.jpg
Ben Simmons from LSU

Hey everyone!

My name is EmbraceThePace. You may remember me as the guy that made the draft classes and offseason rosters in NBA 2K15 last year. I want to start off by thanking everyone for downloading my draft classes and rosters and leaving feedback. The amount of support I received from those projects was absolutely astonishing and I cannot thank you all enough! To this day, my draft classes and rosters on NBA 2K15 have accumulated more than 6 MILLION downloads on PS4! Because of this support, I am extremely excited to be bringing you all fantastic content this year on NBA 2K16!

As you can tell from the title, my 2016 and 2017 draft classes are now available for download on PS4! Today I’ll be going in-depth on the features of these draft classes and breaking down the details.

DOWNLOAD INFO (PS4 ONLY)

FILE NAMES: 2016 w/Accurate Faces+Ratings & 2017 w/Accurate Faces+Ratings
ONLINE ID: EmbraceThaPace

Before I dive into the features, I want to quickly address a few questions/concerns that I am frequently asked.

1) If you get an error message that says the file is corrupted or it is unable to retrieve content info, IT IS NOT. That’s just a glitch with all rosters and draft classes. The only solution is to keep trying. It’ll eventually work. I promise.

2) All of my projects are exclusively on PS4. Not Xbox One. Not PC. Not Old Gen. Just PS4. I don’t have 2K16 on any other platforms, so you won’t find any of my work anywhere other than PS4.

3) If you don’t see a player that you feel should be included in the draft class, don’t worry about it. I have various priority lists that I use to determine which players should be added. If someone isn’t included, there is a reason. Some of the more high-profile prospects that may not be included right now are not projected to declare for the draft until 2017. They WILL be included in my 2017 draft class. Also, many more players will be added to the class throughout the year.

Now that that’s out of the way, let’s get into the features of this draft class!

Over 100 Real Prospects

Brandon Ingram.jpg
Brandon Ingram from Duke

As of today, (March 2, 2016) my 2016 draft class includes 71 real prospects and my 2017 draft class includes 39. As I stated above, I carefully consider which prospects should be added. I started by creating a priority list based on one of the most recent 2016 and 2017 mock drafts from DraftExpress. After all the players on that mock were added, I added in some of the top seniors in college basketball to fill out the first 60. Again, MANY more players will be added throughout the year based updated projections, mock drafts, rankings, etc.

Attributes, Tendencies, Badges, Etc.

Jaylen Brown.jpg
Jaylen Brown from California

My #1 focus this year was to balance my prospects as closely to the players and rookies in the official 2K roster as possible. I did this by collecting an unhealthy amount of data from the official roster. I recorded the average attributes and tendencies for every position, the average amount of badges the rookies from the 2015 class have based on where they were drafted, the overall and potential ratings of every 2015 rookie, and much, much more. Using this data, I was able to assign attributes and tendencies to all of my prospects based on how each skill compared to the other players in the NBA. By doing this, all of the prospects in my draft class will play as true to their real life counterparts as possible, while staying completely balanced to the rest of the players in the league. Attributes were also partially based on the specific player’s draft stock. This way players will be drafted in their realistic range when you use this class in MyLEAGUE and MyGM.

Frequent Updates All Year Long

Malik Newman.jpg
Malik Newman from Mississippi State

For those of you that kept up with my 2K15 classes, you know that one of the best things about them was that they were constantly being updated and improved. This year will be no different. Everything from attributes to hairstyles to accessories will all be dynamically updated throughout the year. As I’ve already said multiple times throughout this post, a lot new players will be added as well. Players will also be moved between my 2016 and 2017 draft classes once we get into March and April and it becomes more clear on which prospects will be declaring for the draft and which ones will be heading back to school.

The (not so) Little Things

-100% accurate wingspans for all players (According to DraftExpress)
-All accessory colors match up to the official 2K roster.
-100% accurate birthdays for all players.

I truly believe that this is the most polished set of draft classes or rosters that has ever been created on NBA 2K. I spent hours upon hours upon hours making sure that version 1 of these classes were as accurate as possible. No stone was left unturned. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: The very first version of my 2016 draft class is more high quality than the very last version of my 2K15 draft classes. And what’s even crazier is that the class will continuously get better and better throughout the year.

Again, thank you all so much for the tremendous amount of support. You guys are the reason I put this much time and effort into these projects. I’m so happy that you all enjoy them.

This thread should mainly be used for feedback. If you notice errors or feel that certain things need to be changed, feel free to leave your comments here. I’ll be keeping a close eye on all of your feedback. However, this is not necessarily the best place to ask me questions. Twitter is hands down the best and most convenient place to contact me. It’s also a great way to be quickly updated when changes are made to my draft class. You can follow me @EmbraceThaPace. If you would like to donate for all the hard work and effort I put into these projects, there is a GoFundMe campaign so you can do so. All donations are greatly appreciated. Big or small. All of that information as well as my contact information is below. Thank you all for reading! Now go have some fun on MyLEAGUE and MyGM! I’m looking forward to hearing your feedback!

-ETP

Donate Here: https://www.gofundme.com/EmbraceThePace
My Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/embracethapace
My YouTube: https://youtu.be/cvqHGfSuhzg
My Instagram: https://instagram.com/embracethapace/
My Snapchat: EmbraceThePace
My PSN ID: EmbraceThaPace

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/embracepace

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/izomniayt

Last edited by EmbraceThePace; 03-03-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2015, 08:18 AM   #2
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Re: Full 2016 Draft Class w/Accurate Faces+Ratings (PS4)

The legend is back...
Old 11-02-2015, 05:22 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

will you be doing 2017 and 2018 classes?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #4
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

OVR: 3

Theres a roster to go with these right?

PSN: Onebase24
Follow me on Twitter: @mdthomp24
Old 11-03-2015, 03:56 AM   #5
Rookie

Jros22's Arena

If anyone knows of a Draft Class that can be imported to a roster post the link or if you know someone that is creating or will create a draft class that can be used on Online Leagues post it here, draft classes that are created using the CREATE DRAFT CLASS tool can't be used on Online Leagues, the players have to be created using the CREATE A PLAYER tool so they can be manually placed on The Free Agent pool or on teams.

Statcast 90 ft times converted to MLB The Show Ratings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #6
Rookie

EmbraceThePace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
will you be doing 2017 and 2018 classes?
I'll have a 2017 class for sure. I mentioned that in the post.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #7
Rookie

EmbraceThePace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilstu24
Theres a roster to go with these right?
My classes are designed to work with the official 2K rosters. I have an Opening Night roster uploaded on PS4 now if you'd like to use that.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:51 AM   #8
Rookie

This looks great so far - I'll be downloading and giving it a shot

Question for EmbraceThePace: if I start a MyLeague today using your draft class, does it lock in the players as they are and, as a result, do I miss out on your updates later in the year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »