Home

Could 2K Just Go Ahead and Pay for TNT rights

This is a discussion on Could 2K Just Go Ahead and Pay for TNT rights within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2015, 03:58 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Could 2K Just Go Ahead and Pay for TNT rights

They have EJ Keeny And Shaq all we need is Chuck and that'll complete it. That would be super cool to have their Presentation in the game Like NBA 08:The Drive. Keep the announcers they already have. And add Reggie Miller and Marv Albert. But this is probably a stretch and wishful thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Re: Could 2K Just Go Ahead and Pay for TNT rights

I kinda felt this way before but I am slowly moving toward 2K continuing their own presentation thing. It's like a hybrid of TNT and NBA TV and they have all of the presentation elements there, already. Evidently, Barkley wants more money. So he's out. I honestly don't think that a videogame can capture Barkley's essence, anyway. He's just so off the cuff and honest. Miller, who knows, I would like to see one of his teams but I don't like him as an announcer. He's grating. IMO, 2K just needs to continue to evolve what they have and add more content and stuff like the sitdown interviews, pre game, halftime and post game show. Sekou Smith and another NBA reporter were photographed in mocap suits. We don't know what it means yet but I'd much prefer that than spending money on TNT, Barkley and Miller.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
MVP

Yeah I seen that.Rick Fox was mo-capped to. But I'd lose my mind if they actually got chuck on there lol

Old 11-14-2015, 05:29 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Barkley and Miller will probably never be in the game...

After that, why do we need TNT logo in the game?
Old 11-14-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

As Junior was saying, let's stick with 2k's own presentation. I don't want every single game I play to be a TNT game considering those are 2 a week. We essentially have the TNT license without having the TNT license. Getting Charles Barkley to join Kenny, Ernie and Shaq in the studio has nothing to do with TNT unless you called it "Inside the NBA."
They are not owned as individuals by TNT.

What, do you guys just want the TNT logo there and the music? Nah I love the direction 2k is going.

Greg Anthony and Clark Kellogg gotta go though. My vote is for Chris Webber.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #6
Banned

Greg Anthony sucks.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:12 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers_Are_The_Bes
Yeah I seen that.Rick Fox was mo-capped to. But I'd lose my mind if they actually got chuck on there lol

Barkley swears his name is on par with Jordan or something. He must be asking for a crazy amount of cash if 2k can't get him to join the crew. He alluded to it being because of "not enough money" during a tnt broadcast while the rest of the cast was promoting the game.

Chuck has been missing from every NBA video game I can think of. He always had a generic character replacement. He must want an NBA contract just to use his likeness. Hell, even Jordan is in a bunch of games and even dons the special edition of 2k16

Idk what's the deal with Reggie Miller's omission. Not even his throwback jersey in the 2k store, along with so many other obvious ones. Rasheed Wallace too..

I know the players association and stuff like that.. But is that really the case with these guys?
Old 11-14-2015, 06:22 PM   #8
Banned

it was cool when they had custom sounds then you could add real broadcast music and it made the game feel a lot more authentic imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »