Home

MyGM Team Choice

This is a discussion on MyGM Team Choice within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Team Should I Select For MyGm?
Spurs 3 11.11%
Celtics 13 48.15%
Hawks 2 7.41%
Bulls 1 3.70%
76ers 8 29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0
MyGM Team Choice

Hello Community,

I am new to the NBA 2K series as most of my sports gaming has been with the Madden and NCAA Football series. I have been playing computer games since '84 way back on the Commodore 64 system and I remember playing hours upon hours with the games: 4th and inches, NBA and Dr. J vs Bird. This is my first poll that I have submitted on Operation Sports as I am looking for the communities opinion of which franchise I should begin a MyGM with. I will list my teams and then the reasoning I have for each:

1. Spurs (I live in San Antonio and they are my hometown team)
2. Celtics (They are my father's team and playing with them gives me a sense of bonding with my father since he was absent most of my life. We are looking to repair this relationship currently)
3. Hawks (They were my team growing up as my favorite player of all time is Dominique Wilkins)
4. Bulls (They are my older brother's favorite team and Michael Jordan is his favorite player of all time)
5. 76ers (Their current record says it all)

I want to say thank you for all that vote as it is greatly appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2015, 03:56 AM   #2
nox
Rookie

nox's Arena

Re: MyGM Team Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
Hello Community,

I am new to the NBA 2K series as most of my sports gaming has been with the Madden and NCAA Football series. I have been playing computer games since '84 way back on the Commodore 64 system and I remember playing hours upon hours with the games: 4th and inches, NBA and Dr. J vs Bird. This is my first poll that I have submitted on Operation Sports as I am looking for the communities opinion of which franchise I should begin a MyGM with. I will list my teams and then the reasoning I have for each:

I voted 76ers for my gm seeing it's a real challange even though they have potential, love your reassoning for the celtics though, maybe you should start a myleague with them so your dad and you can play together (2p is not available in mygm it sucks)
1. Spurs (I live in San Antonio and they are my hometown team)
2. Celtics (They are my father's team and playing with them gives me a sense of bonding with my father since he was absent most of my life. We are looking to repair this relationship currently)
3. Hawks (They were my team growing up as my favorite player of all time is Dominique Wilkins)
4. Bulls (They are my older brother's favorite team and Michael Jordan is his favorite player of all time)
5. 76ers (Their current record says it all)

I want to say thank you for all that vote as it is greatly appreciated!
I'd go for the 76ers for the challange, it'll be hard to build up but there's potential there

I'd suggest keeping the celtics for a myleague instead so your dad can join you in playing every now in then, it really sucks that co-op playing aint possible in mygm
Old 11-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

I'm biased in favor of the Celtics to begin with, but your comments about your dad make it an easy call, in my opinion. Go with Boston!
Old 11-18-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
Rookie

TheZenMaster's Arena

Ive done a 76ers one myself and I can honestly sqy its one of the most rewarding saves ever. Its not extremelly difficult, but it takes time. My current one (nearing playoffs in Season 2) has me 3rd in the EC with a starting 5 of Eric Bledsoe, Bradley Beal, MKG, Noel and Jahlil Okafor with Lou Williams as my 6M. My only concern is that its only a matter of time before I win a champo with this team. If you're looking for a true challenge, try the Nets.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Schibling's Arena

OVR: 1

my favorite team is the sixers since Allen Iverson. i will say that its rewarding cause every game ur first year will be a fight but the rewards are great.

Green Bay Packers
Milwaukee Brewers
Philadelphia 76ers
Michigan State Spartans Basketball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #6
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox
I'd go for the 76ers for the challange, it'll be hard to build up but there's potential there

I'd suggest keeping the celtics for a myleague instead so your dad can join you in playing every now in then, it really sucks that co-op playing aint possible in mygm
What are you talking about? I've played 80% of my games with a sibling

NBA Fan since 2007
Old 11-19-2015, 10:46 AM   #7
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macs Power
What are you talking about? I've played 80% of my games with a sibling
I understand that comments are going to be made towards anyone that may have unclear, false or just unknowing information, but please: if you are going to comment can you please vote? That was the sole intention of this thread. Thank you.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:07 AM   #8
Pro

Tekkonkinkreet's Arena

Has to be the Celtics with the reasoning. Most of that list concerns decent rosters with experience. Boston have a good young team with only Sullinger your main concern in Yr 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »