Home

So after playing both games, I choose FIFA 16

This is a discussion on So after playing both games, I choose FIFA 16 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2015, 10:15 AM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
So after playing both games, I choose FIFA 16

So I had thought about both FIFA 16 and PES 2016 for a while now and actually bought both, but after playing both I think FIFA 16 is a better game and I am strictly an offline career mode player whether it's being a player or a manager.

Yes the dribbling, ball physics and the passing are better in PES, but that's literally the only thing that's better.

FIFA does both player and manager career modes better, licensing, graphics, presentation, commentary, the crowd is way better and it's just more realistic to me. I love being able to see scores from other games and get updates while playing my game.

I love how the AI goalkeepers are. They are tough to score on as they should be. The goalkeepers are a joke in PES. I've had way too high scores and I would play coach mode so I'm not controlling players.

I love FIFA now. I also didn't play last year.

I can totally understand the "fluidity" of PES and why people like it, but I need the whole package to be good, not just on the pitch. I look at everything. If the football is good on the pitch, but everything else is ..meh then I don't get immersed. The pitch play in FIFA could be better, but I get immersed in FIFA 16.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 12-02-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: So after playing both games, I choose FIFA 16

I agree with all you said. The one thing that really surprised me in PES is how weak the goalies were. Fifa's goalies have PES goalies beat.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

It`s a matter of taste and it will always be. I never could stand the way the ball plays and feel, it's as if you're kicking a balloon. And Konami oh my god let's not talk about them
Old 12-07-2015, 11:42 AM   #4
Rookie

nerd_rock's Arena

FIFA GKs are better, but as a mainly Pro Clubs player I absolutely love the GK animations from PES. Being a GK in Pro Clubs, the animations are stale. The keeper always has to save a ball with his hands. PES is more realistic, so on the rare times a save is made it looks great. A low shot might be saved with a leg or knee. GK punches also look much better in PES. I really wish FIFA would put in that type of care in animation instead of just jumping left or right.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #5
Rookie

miamifan1997's Arena

OVR: 8

How is the "pro" mode for PES? I've been told it is far more immersive and a better experience than Fifa. Personally I like the gameplay of Fifa but would be willing to swap out for PES if I can get more immersed in the Pro mode.
NHL - Bruins
NCAAF and NCAAB - UCF!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 08:38 AM   #6
Rookie

nerd_rock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifan1997
How is the "pro" mode for PES? I've been told it is far more immersive and a better experience than Fifa. Personally I like the gameplay of Fifa but would be willing to swap out for PES if I can get more immersed in the Pro mode.
Online pro mode for PES is pretty non-existent. Offline pro is pretty fun. There are some features that I wish FIFA had. FIFA offline pro now has training in between matches, but online is still a grind to get accomplishments. PES uses a slider system to level multiple stats, for example as a striker you can bring down your defense slider and throw more into shooting or dribbling to level those skills faster.

You can also have another slider to gain new skills, or to play another position.

The biggest gripes though are still goalkeepers and defense with the lack of fouls/free kicks. You might try renting it to try it out first.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #7
Rookie

miamifan1997's Arena

OVR: 8

I think I'll try renting it, thank you!

How is pace upgrades in PES? That is one frustrating part of Fifa, you can't make an incredibly pacey player starting off. It would just be nice to have the option for offline play to make a raw athletic player that needs to refine their skills.
NHL - Bruins
NCAAF and NCAAB - UCF!!!
Old 12-10-2015, 11:06 AM   #8
Rookie

nerd_rock's Arena

There are a few different archetypes to choose when creating a player. I don't remember what a lot of them are though. For example, instead of just being a striker you can be an SS (supporting striker), that I'm guessing would function like a Target Man or Creator in FIFA that could work well as a winger or in a two striker system, think of Messi and Neymar. I've only made a created GK to test out the game after first getting it and the archetypes for that are defensive minded (stays on the line) or offensive minded (a Neuer type sweeper that comes out of the box more).

I've played with already existing players at mid and striker to get a feel for the game up front. If I can remember when I get home I'll try to get a better idea of the positions and post a few. I haven't had much chance to play because I've been doing some pro club leagues in FIFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »