Home

Will Sounds of the Show finally return in MLB 16?

This is a discussion on Will Sounds of the Show finally return in MLB 16? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
MVP

TheDarkKnightRises's Arena

OVR: 0
Will Sounds of the Show finally return in MLB 16?

Obviously we would need MP3 support on PS4 first, but is this something that we may see return this year?

Last edited by TheDarkKnightRises; 12-09-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
Rookie

esham313's Arena

Re: Will Sounds of the Show finally return in MLB 16?

I highly doubt it. It would be a nice feature as I miss it, but not getting my hopes up.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #3
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Yep not likely
Old 12-09-2015, 02:06 PM   #4
Pro

My opinion is that both Microsoft and Sony gimped the media features of their consoles to encourage people to buy more digital video and music. Otherwise people would be streaming and storing their own music and video.

Patches have restored some functionality enjoyed on 360 and ps3 but you can't even listen to music in the background on Xbox one without "snapping." Unless an update changed this.

So what this ultimately means for developers is that they lack the tools to do custom music easily.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:17 PM   #5
Rookie

wilb626's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
My opinion is that both Microsoft and Sony gimped the media features of their consoles to encourage people to buy more digital video and music. Otherwise people would be streaming and storing their own music and video.

Patches have restored some functionality enjoyed on 360 and ps3 but you can't even listen to music in the background on Xbox one without "snapping." Unless an update changed this.

So what this ultimately means for developers is that they lack the tools to do custom music easily.
The difference being that Sony does allow you to avoid paying for streaming services by allowing you to play all of your own music with the USB MP3 player. The question is can SCEA use that method for SOTS vs playing music off of copied files to the PS4 HDD like the PS3 does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #6
Rookie

Yari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilb626
The difference being that Sony does allow you to avoid paying for streaming services by allowing you to play all of your own music with the USB MP3 player. The question is can SCEA use that method for SOTS vs playing music off of copied files to the PS4 HDD like the PS3 does.
I doubt that the games themselves have access to the USB files but I could be wrong. Assuming the games do have that access, seeing how limited the media player is on the PS4 for playing music files off of the USB stick I think you would potentially have to create a folder for every separate instance that you wanted music to play if you wanted to play more than one music file for a situation. AFAIK there's no way to do a proper playlist in the PS4's media player otherwise. It would be a bit of a pain in the rear but should the game have that sort of access to the USB files it would be a possible plan.
I do wish Sony would allow for the PS4 to store mp3 files from the USB stick but until then I don't think we'll see a real use for Sounds of the Show, which is a shame.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:00 PM   #7
Just started!

TheLight7's Arena

The develops should add all of the songs from past versions to MLB '16. With The Show '16 playlist and songs from past versions that would give consumers an extensive library of songs to listen to and use for Sounds of the Show.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by esham313
I highly doubt it. It would be a nice feature as I miss it, but not getting my hopes up.
This really hurts because I was so looking forward to finally getting a PS4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »