Home

Playing 4-3 players in 3-4 scheme

This is a discussion on Playing 4-3 players in 3-4 scheme within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2015, 08:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playing 4-3 players in 3-4 scheme

Honestly, I feel like playing 4-3 players in a 3-4 and vice versa means nothing. I run a 3-4 defense in my online 32 player CFM (pretty stiff competition). We are in our second year and I have Aaron Donald at RE, Leonard Williams at DT, and Dante fowler at LE. Even though Fowler has only 73 strength, he still manages to get many sacks for me. He's currently a 95 OVR for me with 89 block shed, 87 finesse, 90 power move, and 82 play rec. I managed to lead the league in best defense with fewest rushing yards allowed and top 5 with fewest passing yards. I just don't see use of trying to get players that are made for your scheme as long as your players have either good power move or finesse, block shed, play rec, and or awareness. I've never noticed a difference in playing with the correct players in my scheme versus playing with someone that's not made for my scheme.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 06:18 AM   #2
MVP

tru11's Arena

Re: Playing 4-3 players in 3-4 scheme

it does not mean a thing
Old 12-12-2015, 07:57 AM   #3
Pro

The strength rating is hugely undervalued in OL/DL interaction. Those 250 lbs DEs should get pancaked all over the place if they play as 3-4 DE.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:36 AM   #4
Rookie

xFrenZy's Arena

OVR: 1

Yes I could see your point in that it doesn't mak a difference. Whih the above post your right beause strength plays basically no role. If it did you wouldntbe able to get away with a 250-260 pound end tearing guys up.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Strength does matter but it is only part of the equation. The low strength is unfortunately offset by the other attributes.

What settings does your CFM use? I noticed that when I put low strength guys at DT they frequently get pushed back in the run game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #6
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

The strength rating will modify the effectiveness of Power Moves and give a boost for the Block Shed rating on defense.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Strength affects the push the lineman get. High strength O-Line push the D-line up-field, with low strength it's the opposite. Not sure what some of you guy's are seeing, strength definitely matters in the trenches.

If you just have good strength but low power-move, you will get a push on the O-lineman but you won't necessarily get around him. Same with high strength/low pass block...you will get a push against the defense but still be able to let him by you.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:51 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

For a 3-4 scheme you ideally want high strength/high blockshed/high power-move D-lineman. You want them to take on double teams (and get around them with the power-move/strength combo) and have your LB's, that if you disguised/called correctly, should have a free run into the backfield. 3-4 play calling requires more deception and audibling than a 4-3 scheme to properly work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »