Home

Getting New Coaching Jobs

This is a discussion on Getting New Coaching Jobs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #1
Rookie

KeanuReevesRules's Arena

OVR: 0
Getting New Coaching Jobs

As I get ready to start a new CFM as a coach I have to ask if anyone has coached for a number of seasons and actually left the team by being fired or demanding a release and been offered a new job?

I tried to play with the Bears and went through 2015 with a 4-12 record (defense was awful). I got fired and no job offers... it was my first season as a created coach, so I understand that my XP and rating was garbage.

Have you got a new job with the same created coach? What was your record, etc?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2016, 11:42 AM   #2
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Getting New Coaching Jobs

I'm not 100% sure but I think the game forces you to retire if no one really hires you which kind of sucks...

I turn coach firing off dor that reason along with I don't want playbooks and schemes constantly changing for computer teams
Old 01-02-2016, 12:16 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Can't you create a new character (within the Franchise mode) and just take over whatever team you want? I haven't tried, but I thought that was how it worked.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:24 PM   #4
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Can't you create a new character (within the Franchise mode) and just take over whatever team you want? I haven't tried, but I thought that was how it worked.
Probably but the whole point of doing a coach for me is to build a legacy, level up the coach, and such. Having to retire him after a season or a few depleted any chance of it.

Look at guys like chuck noll, former Steeler coach. He has a terrible record for his first few years (madden will fire you) and he ended up leading the team to 4 super bowl victories
Old 01-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
Look at guys like chuck noll, former Steeler coach. He has a terrible record for his first few years (madden will fire you) and he ended up leading the team to 4 super bowl victories
Maybe if this was Madden 71' (1971) thats how it would be... but look at coaches like Ron Rivera who was about to get the boot before this season or Jay Gruden who went 4-12 his first year with a depleted RGIII and table scraps for players and rumor on the street was he was going to be fired the day after the Tampa Bay game this year in which the Skins came back from a 24-0 halftime deficit to win the game. Now look at them.

In the NFL today if you don't WIN today, you won't have a tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2016, 03:13 PM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree, but you should be able to get a new job in madden, for replayability if anything.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:01 PM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

If your fired and there's no job openings you have to retire. I got fired after divisional round and of course there were no openings. Career over. There needs to be coordinator positions available.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2016, 04:26 PM   #8
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
If your fired and there's no job openings you have to retire. I got fired after divisional round and of course there were no openings. Career over. There needs to be coordinator positions available.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
This would also be a nice touch. Your ability to get hired would increase drastically.

32x teams x 2 new positions (off and def coordinator) = 64 new potential jobs.

Guys like Josh McDaniels, Kubiak, etc. that were once head coaches and got fired, have really excelled in coordinator roles which is opening possibilities for head coaching vacancies for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »