Home

MLB The Show 16: Road to the Show Revamped, But Is it For the Better?

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16: Road to the Show Revamped, But Is it For the Better? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB The Show 16: Road to the Show Revamped, But Is it For the Better?

MLB The Show 16
is going to tease us with a steady stream of news over the next two months, instead of their traditional fact sheet release. This is certainly a good way to build anticipation, even if it makes it harder to wait until release season. I'll take it though: The Show's Twitch feeds are some of the best -- and most honest -- marketing in the sports industry.

Read More - MLB The Show 16: Road to the Show Revamped, But Is it For the Better?
Platform: PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #2
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16: Road to the Show Revamped, But Is it For the Better?

I will reserve judgement about the changes until a) we see them in action and b) we see what else has changed with the RttS mode. There is talk about making it more personal and such, so let's see what else they have to "Show" us with RttS over the next couple weeks.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:52 PM   #3
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 16: Road to the Show Revamped, But Is it For the Better?

I agree with Hypo. I am primarily a RTTS player, with some DD and Chise along the way, so I am most excited to hear about the RTTS improvements each year. The new additions look like a lot of fun and will hopefully add some dimension to a mode that can easily start to feel stagnant once you are promoted to the majors and get your attributes up in the 80's and 90's. I am all for these improvements, the only things I don't want to see is over the top animations, like laser trails, explosions, flaming baseballs, etc., and I do not want the CPU utilizing any of these perks/showtime.

Everything else, I say bring it on, but make sure it is an option you can easily turn on/off or find in a menu. To me they aren't all that different from using stubs or sliders to help enjoy the game.

Besides, this will give me the opportunity to finally create a good Steve Nebraska or Coach Kent Murphy!
Old 01-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #4
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I'm really anxious for the news to get here! Most played mode for me on MLB The Show is RttS hands down, and I hope there are just more realistic additions like the 20-80 scouting because the rest like the perk system sounds arcadey. Nonetheless, I'm always ready to place my faith in these SSDS guys.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
I'm glad to hear there's significant RTTS additions and upgrades being made, and will reserve judgement until we see more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 03:56 PM   #6
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

It sounds as if theyre just giving people the option to play in an arcade style.
Think of the marketing, if someone decided to pick The Show as a CASUAL fan of baseball they will eventually end up playing RTTS the most.
The game is huge when it comes to learning curve if youve never played baseball or arent a crazed baseball fan. RTTS lends itself to casual players, if you were in a board room trying to figure out how to expand the mode to more people and arcade style OPTION makes alot of sense.
Even as a hardcore player/ fan RTTS can get a little slow at times. this isnt a bad thing even if it becomes primarly an arcade mode because at the end of the day we always know itll be optional to play without the arcade bells and whistles.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #7
Banned

When I first saw it, I was, "Ehhhh"...but after I thought about it I guess the same could be said about guess pitch, and ball trail, both things I don't use. And seeing how they said they will be optional, doesn't really look like an issue in the end.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:41 PM   #8
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
I think the perks are great. This is an RPG mode and should have more RPG elements like this.

The best part is that if you don't want to use them, it doesn't look like you have to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »