Home

goalie and left stick , what EA Developer said to me, offline gameplay

This is a discussion on goalie and left stick , what EA Developer said to me, offline gameplay within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2016, 06:16 PM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
goalie and left stick , what EA Developer said to me, offline gameplay

so I asked this answer about the left stick

What does the Left stick do for goalies ?, is this the save button ?, cause in the game if move the left stick to the left or right, he does this glove save and blocker save, but.. when I don't move it he doesn't react to the puck, he gets scored on top shelf or down low, I know the left stick is for moving the goalie, but what if they tied the anticipation goalie saves to it ?

what if left stick is the anticipation stick ?

and then comple hours later

after several more games !, am convinced that is the anticipation stick for goalie saves, , not only is it for moving the goalie but it is also the anticipation stick for goalies, neat , I thought anticipation stick was goner man, thank god they put it back in, I wonder when they put it in ^^, I wonder if was always there.

and then... EA developer said:
If you are pressing the left stick towards where you are trying to make a save he will keep/take that motion into the save and it is always better to move closer to the puck if you can, so that is probably why you are seeing more success. There isn't anticipation as you knew it from the past.

then I replyed again comple more hours later

weird..., I moved the left stick to the left and he did the glove save and moved it to the right and he did blocker save, I think that's the anticipation, so your saying there's no anticipation at all ?, then why is goalie making glove and blocker saves when I move it to left and right, are you sure it was removed ?, cause I don't think it was removed.

thanks for clearing that for me , NHL Dev,

and then.. EA developers reply later on:

With precision motion, the left stick will shuffle left or right and without, the left stick will t-push left or right. With just the left stick, the goalie won't attempt a save without a puck coming towards the net. The right stick left or right are committed butterfly slides but those aren't anticipation.

When a puck is coming to the net, the goalie will try and make the best save they can based on where you have them positioned. If you use the left stick to move toward the side the shot is going early enough, the goalie will take that motion into the save but again, that isn't anticipation, it is just movement into a save which in most cases will always be more successful than just reaching/stretching out for the puck.

and am now winning every-game by scores of 5-2 - 2-6, which later I thought what if he was telling it was same system as NHL 14, I kinda refuse to believe that answer but anyways I go along with it, it also prompted me to do a resemblance to my NHL 14 Slider but this time its 6 minutes instead of 5 minutes , cause am dat good at it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2016, 06:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Kinvarus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: goalie and left stick , what EA Developer said to me, offline gameplay

To be honest I ignore the right stick unless I get a cross crease pass coming at me and have a lot more success, whenever I use right stick to make a save my goalie always goes low and the shot goes high whether it's a blocker side or glove side, and if that's not the case it leaves a massive hole in my 5-hole and they get goals from that.

It certainly seems to me that goalie saves with this system depend more on having as close to perfect positioning and angle shutdown than it does anything else. Although I will agree with you that I wish they brought back the anticipation save to the right stick. When we had that I was making saves all the time, getting shutouts and my highest ever .GAA over the span of 10 seasons was 1.97. The years since up to now I'm lucky if I can keep my .GAA below .875. Really hope they bring back the anticipation/manual save to the right stick, that would be awesome.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: goalie and left stick , what EA Developer said to me, offline gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvarus
To be honest I ignore the right stick unless I get a cross crease pass coming at me and have a lot more success, whenever I use right stick to make a save my goalie always goes low and the shot goes high whether it's a blocker side or glove side, and if that's not the case it leaves a massive hole in my 5-hole and they get goals from that.

It certainly seems to me that goalie saves with this system depend more on having as close to perfect positioning and angle shutdown than it does anything else. Although I will agree with you that I wish they brought back the anticipation save to the right stick. When we had that I was making saves all the time, getting shutouts and my highest ever .GAA over the span of 10 seasons was 1.97. The years since up to now I'm lucky if I can keep my .GAA below .875. Really hope they bring back the anticipation/manual save to the right stick, that would be awesome.

If you have your gaa now at .875 that is much better than 1.97. You are giving up less than a goal per game as opposed to giving up almost two goals per game with a gaa of 1.97. So why are you upset at having a better gaa now than before?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »