Home

NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2016, 12:55 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

A pet peeve in a video game is just a little thing that drives you crazy. It’s not really a “game killer” or anything like that to me, it’s just that one thing you wish was better. It can be something small like a player's signature shot being slightly off, or it can even be a bit bigger like an inability to import a draft class.

The point is this pet peeve gnaws at you even though you actively try to ignore it. It’s that big brother who pokes you in that spot between your chest and shoulder (come on, you know the spot). He just keeps doing it over and over trying to get a rise out of you. You try to pretend it doesn’t bother you, but inside your own head you’re screaming. Finally, you snap and check him through the wall. From there, you have a moment of jubilation, only to then realize you’ve sealed your own fate and the pummeling of a lifetime. So you immediately sprint out of the house and plan to hide in the small wooded area until your mom gets home from work. Only you realize your mom is going to be pissed about the brother-sized hole in the living room wall, so you do the math on how long you need to stay out before she’s just happy you’re home and totally forgets about the wall. However, somewhere along the line you realize you’re a 10-year-old kid who's totally not cool with being in the woods when it gets dark. This realization ends with a sad slink home as you accept your doomed fate.

...Oh, uh yeah sorry, got a bit off track there I guess.

The point is we all have these pet peeves in our video games. I’m going to highlight just a couple of my own in NBA 2K16, and then maybe you all will have some to share as well. Let’s do it.

Read More - NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #2
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

Definitely agree with KYP... smh!!!!!
My biggest pet peeve is probably the 2 foot jump shot instead of a layup
Kills me inside

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2016, 01:21 PM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
I haven't noticed many flaws with the gameplay that aren't mentioned above. But some of my pet peeves are:
-Inability to save/upload jerseys and courts or create them outside of a game mode
-Inability to edit prospects' nicknames in draft classes, they automatically generate
-MyGM crowds still wear old colors after relocation even though it was already supposed to be fixed in a patch
-No way to try out prospects in-game before the draft (shootaround, etc). This got dropped in every next-Gen version
Old 02-09-2016, 01:33 PM   #4
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

The 3 second call. Not a big thing but my pet peeve.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 02-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Gameplay wise- nothing download Simworld roster(Xbox one) will make the game complete(shameless plug)😜 But really this year not updating the player looks and lack of updated shoes and accessories. They were on point in previous years they dropped the ball this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 03:04 PM   #6
Rookie

No three seconds ever called on computer, the warping and player glitching together and the full court dribble animation.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #7
Rookie

1) When you can't break out of a celebration after a big basket and the other team comes down and scores

2) Playing MyGM or any other mode where your teammates are computers and sometimes after you make a basket your center goes down the court and stands out of bounds under the basket so the other team's center gets a wide open layup
Old 02-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Honestly my biggest pet peeve is people using white away jerseys and/or black home jerseys in MyTeam or Pro-Am.

Example:

2K should find a means of restricting the lightness and darkness of jerseys to prevent this.

@iTofutastic
PSN: iTofutastic

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »