Home

Help Create My School! A Community Endeavor

This is a discussion on Help Create My School! A Community Endeavor within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Type Of Offense Will The GC Oilers Run?
Pro Style 7 31.82%
Air Raid 4 18.18%
Option Run 8 36.36%
Spread 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2016, 08:17 PM   #1
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Help Create My School! A Community Endeavor

Update: See post #56 (pg 7). I need stadium help!

Update: Team Color voting closed: Gold and black

Update #2: Poll closed for offense type

I'm looking to start another dynasty to play for when I need a break from Sonoma State. I've always been a fan of teambuilder teams, but I thought it would be a bit more fun to get you guys involved. I'm essentially having a vote for different aspects, so the end result is a school built by the community. I think its a fun way to get people a bit more invested in a dynasty.

So, for starters, some background. The school will be based in my hometown, Santa Clarita, CA. Read up a bit if you choose on Wikipedia by clicking here . Pay close attention to the history section, as that shapes the team name options. A brief summary: edge city of 200,000 plus. Strong high schools and a local community college.

The created school will be just outside the city limits, north off the freeway.

So...Lets Start With The Voting!

In this first portion, we will vote on two things: School name, and team name. Write in's are welcome, but must have some sort of reasoning behind the name. If I like them they will be added to the list of options. Please respond in this format:

School Name
Team Name

School Names

Winner: Golden Canyon Oilers

Golden Canyon
A nod to the mountains that surround the city, and the 300+ days of sun often enjoyed in the area during the year. It also has historical implications, giving a nod to the fact that the area had the first "documented" discovery of gold in California in 1842, in the Placerita Canyon Area.

Desert Canyon
Named for the geography surrounding the area, with numerous mountains and Canyons, it also honors the extremely dry weather experienced in the area. The only river in the area is a seasonal one that has water only during rain. Both lakes in the region (Castaic and Pyramid) are actually reserviors. The name carries a slight intimidation factor for visiting opponents, acknowledging their entrance into a desert.

Golden Valley
The name of a major street in the city, it also honors the large valley the city itself sits in. Again, it gives credit to the 300+ days of sunlight a year. The downside to this name (in my eyes) is that its a street name, and there is already a high school with this name.

Team Names

Roughnecks/Oilers (whichever the game can say...)
Named in honor of the rich oil mining history in the area. The state's first productive oil well was in Mentryville, now one of the local hiking trails and a museum. There are large amounts of oil wells off the freeway on the southeast portion of the city as well, and the industry has faired well in the region. It can be credited with a significant reason for populating the area. Oilers are tough, as you would want your athletics department to be.

49ers
Obviously named in honor of the fact that gold was found in the area, (just like the name Golden Canyon. I honestly feel this name and Golden Canyon go hand in hand) in part prompting the 1849 Gold Rush in California. 49ers were dreamers who fought hard to make it, just as a football team should.

Coyotes
Named for the wildlife that frequents the area, dropping in from nearby mountains. Coyotes are resourceful and strong predators. They flourish in most climates, which are all attributes wanted in a sports team.

Alright, let me know what you guys think! This could be a fun, very involved dynasty. If you all participate, we will vote on team colors, stadium, playbooks, etc.

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 03-10-2016 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Names decided
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 10:25 PM   #2
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

Re: Help Create My School! A Community Endeavor

Golden Canyon
Coyotes
Old 02-18-2016, 10:42 PM   #3
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider10
Golden Canyon
Coyotes
First vote = 2 points! Just kidding, but I'm excited about this! It could create a really fun combination and storyline

Major Boise State fan
Old 02-19-2016, 10:58 AM   #4
Rookie

RyanXGrindle's Arena

Golden Valley
Oilers
NHL: Boston Bruins
Old 02-19-2016, 11:55 AM   #5
Rookie

I think this is a great and fun idea. I would go with Canyon College as the name, keep it simple. As for the team name i was leaning towards the Engineers. Named off the railroad, since it seems to be a big part of what made it popular and to this day is still part of the community.

Canyon College Engineers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 12:26 PM   #6
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

Golden Canyon
Coyotes
Old 02-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey7886
I think this is a great and fun idea. I would go with Canyon College as the name, keep it simple. As for the team name i was leaning towards the Engineers. Named off the railroad, since it seems to be a big part of what made it popular and to this day is still part of the community.

Canyon College Engineers
I kinda like it, good historical reference with the team name. As for the school name, the local community college is already College of the Canyons. I'm not trying to piggyback it too much, but I like the word Canyon lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 02-19-2016, 02:34 PM   #8
Rookie

JDRAKE349's Arena

I also like Golden Canyon Coyotes!
Portland Trailblazers
UMaine Black Bears (Alma Mater)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »