Home

What causes practice mode freeze during load up?

This is a discussion on What causes practice mode freeze during load up? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2016, 11:23 PM   #1
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
What causes practice mode freeze during load up?

didn't see a thread for this although I'm sure there's one out there. You guys know way more about NCAA 14 than I do. I'm in year 2017 and when trying to load up practice mode, the game just freezes. It could be that my rosters are just fried, I recently found out about the formation subs bug where it saves all your old ones or whatever. Is this related to that?

To be clear, I try to go to practice mode. I try to load up the indoor arena since well the outdoors one is always a hurricane.... And during the load up spinning screen it just eventually freezes.

This is a normal dynasty mode by the way.

Last edited by Hellisan; 02-21-2016 at 12:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2016, 11:42 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What causes practice mode freeze during load up?

Someone on here said that having formation subs set causes the freeze and if you remove the subs it works.

I reset my subs but it still froze for me.

I'm not able to go to practice while in dynasty.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-21-2016, 06:36 AM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

On NCAA 11, it's the formation subs. If you have any, it causes practice mode to freeze. So what you have to do is, before practicing, reset your formation subs. Just be sure to remember not to save the game after practice.

I have had no issues doing this, but again this is on NCAA 11.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 02-21-2016, 09:11 AM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Okay that's it then. He (maybe it was you) was probably talking about NCAA '11 but didn't specify that. I'm sure 90% of us use '14 though.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

I've seen it lock up in do dynasty when someone gets into that mode during the offseason before week 1 starts. It will clear itself out the next season as no one goes into practice mode during the offseason.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 11:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 Re: What causes practice mode freeze during load up?

Unearthing an old thread here but I'm curious if others have encountered this.

I'm running an offline dynasty and am starting Year 4 of it. I use the NCAA Dynasty Editor to do the file edits from mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty Tool, but I haven't seen any issues caused by that so far.

Now, when I try to enter Practice Mode, the loading screen comes up then the music immediately stops and everything freezes completely (the loading circle doesn't move). I tried to advance out of Pre-Season into Regular Season to see if that mattered but it still was doing it there.

Has anybody encountered this or have an idea of what to test to fix it?

Last edited by gluke; 08-07-2020 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:42 PM   #7
Pro

parent22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluke
Unearthing an old thread here but I'm curious if others have encountered this.

I'm running an offline dynasty and am starting Year 4 of it. I use the NCAA Dynasty Editor to do the file edits from mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty Tool, but I haven't seen any issues caused by that so far.

Now, when I try to enter Practice Mode, the loading screen comes up then the music immediately stops and everything freezes completely (the loading circle doesn't move). I tried to advance out of Pre-Season into Regular Season to see if that mattered but it still was doing it there.

Has anybody encountered this or have an idea of what to test to fix it?
I‘m in the year 2015 of my ECU dynasty and in 2014 I did a practice before the season to test out some new plays in the playbook. This was in the preseason, so when I went into the EA DB Editor in week one to implement the big 12 championship game I immediately froze when I saw that a game had been played between ECU and ECU in week 0...

Now from personal experience I know that the game usually doesn’t like it when a user team plays two games in one week (it doesn’t like any team playing two games in one week although there’s a workaround) so that can cause freezing when implementing the 4 team playoff mod.

Questions:
-Was this your second practice of the year?
-Have you played any games yet?
-Do you use formation subs?

Any of these COULD cause a problem (for all I know none of them do) but these are my best guesses for possible problems based off of past experience and knowledge in the EA DB Editor.

Since you (probably) have knowledge of the EA DB Editor why don’t you load it up in there, sort it by games and weeks so that the earliest games of the year are first and see if a team practice was documented in there?

Thanks
Old 08-07-2020, 11:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parent22
Questions:
-Was this your second practice of the year?
-Have you played any games yet?
-Do you use formation subs?
It was the first practice of that year! I actually first tried it in Pre-Season (which I had also done in Year 3... I just like to look at the players a bit at that point). It was freezing up. So I tried it in Week 1 before any game was played but no luck.

I don't use formation subs (this dynasty is actually all CPU vs CPU games that I just watch fwiw). But I had saw that mentioned here as a possible issue so I went there and reset them again just in case but still no luck.

It's strange to me that it worked last season and now doesn't work this season, but I also have no idea why this glitch would occur to begin with... Hmm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »