Home

R.B.I. Baseball 16 Releases on March 29 - Features, Details & Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 16 Releases on March 29 - Features, Details & Trailer Revealed within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 35
R.B.I. Baseball 16 Releases on March 29 - Features, Details & Trailer Revealed

R.B.I. Baseball 16 is scheduled to release on March 29 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, iOS, Android and PC/Mac via Steam with physical copies available in store on April 5 for $19.99. Watch the trailer here.

Mookie Betts was announced as the cover athlete back in January and today the team revealed Toronto Blue Jays pitcher, Marcus Stroman, will be featured on the cover in Canada, exclusively.

Features

Make the play
  • Make the play with your favorite Major League Baseball team and win the World Series!
Feel the action
  • R.B.I. Baseball 16 features new fielding moves like dives, wall catches, pump-fakes and more!
New and Improved
  • R.B.I. 16 features enhanced lighting and graphics, revamped defensive AI and improved batting system.
Season
  • Track your season stats by team, player and league leaders across multiple seasons. Sim through games in Season mode!
Your Team, Your Way
  • Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I. Baseball 16-player rosters. Downloadable roster updates throughout the 2016 season.
Multiplayer
  • Take your skills to the next level and compete online (Console and PC versions only)
More Details
  • Defense: A redeveloped defensive AI will introduce new fielding capabilities including dives, wall catches, fake throws and more. This system will give users more control than ever before in making defensive plays.
  • Baserunning: Built in part from MLBAM's award-winning tracking technology, Statcast™, baserunners' abilities will be driven by on-field metrics from the 2015 MLB season.
  • Batting: An improved batting engine will feature variable perfect timing. For the best outcome, swing earlier on inside pitches and later on outside pitches.
  • Pitching: With a reworked pitching strategy AI, pitchers will play to their individual strengths. For example, a pitcher who features a wide range of velocity will mix speeds more often.
  • Season SIM: During season mode play, sim a game or multiple games to quickly advance through the season and into the postseason -- should the team win its division or earn a Wild Card spot.
  • Lineup: Modify a team's lineup pregame or in-game, including substitution strategies such as double switches. Lineups can be set from a franchise's 40-man roster or the game's classic 16-player rosters.
  • Graphics: All 30 MLB ballparks will feature a new lighting system based on actual geographic locations, field views and additional hi-resolution realistic design elements.

Platform: Android / iOS / PC / PS4 / Xbox One

Last edited by boomhauertjs; 03-15-2016 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Added video link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 12:36 PM   #2
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
WONDERFUL
Colors vibrant fields look great gameplay looks as good as the best on say ps2/gamecube/xbox era.
Camera angles for outfield hits and infield hits are like Pro Yakyuu Spirits that is such cool addition!

REALLY wish this game was able to have a behind the pitcher cam. THEN?
OHH my itd be arguably the best game of baseball out from the looks of it

Sometimes simplicity is key
Old 03-15-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
Meanwhile, Xbox One owners still wait for a baseball game that actually feels like real baseball, instead of a rehash of a NES game from the late 80's/early 90's. It looks like a fun, arcade style game, but the hardcore fan is going to feel as though this game is missing a lot and that's putting it mildly.

Thank God I have a PS4 and XB1, but I can't believe that the XB1 still has an untapped MLB market. It feels like they are just throwing away money by not having a game on that platform. I can't wait for the MLB 16 The Show on March 29th.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:32 PM   #4
All Star

Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Releases on March 29 - Features, Details & Trailer Revealed

It was a fun game on IOS last year. I'm thinking about buying for PC as well if the early reviews are ok, i.e. no major bugs.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
Meanwhile, Xbox One owners still wait for a baseball game that actually feels like real baseball, instead of a rehash of a NES game from the late 80's/early 90's. It looks like a fun, arcade style game, but the hardcore fan is going to feel as though this game is missing a lot and that's putting it mildly.

Thank God I have a PS4 and XB1, but I can't believe that the XB1 still has an untapped MLB market. It feels like they are just throwing away money by not having a game on that platform. I can't wait for the MLB 16 The Show on March 29th.
I was hopping to get the BIGs backward compatible, my brother and I still play that game all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 01:46 PM   #6
Pro

Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Releases on March 29 - Features, Details & Trailer Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
It was a fun game on IOS last year. I'm thinking about buying for PC as well if the early reviews are ok, i.e. no major bugs.
Are we sure this game is releasing on PC the same day (March 29) as xboxone/ps4?
Old 03-17-2016, 07:22 AM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Are we sure this game is releasing on PC the same day (March 29) as xboxone/ps4?
I don't think it is. There's no mention of a release date for PC or mobile. And those versions came out several weeks later last year.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #8
Rookie

I was probably in the minority but I enjoyed/still enjoy '15. Besides making fielding smoother and adding more control over fielding, which it sounds like they're doing, I was hoping for multiplayer seasons. Playing online against a friend is one but being able to recapture those times where you had a season going with your friends, but obviously moderinize it, would've been awesome.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »