Home

If you've played UFC 2....

This is a discussion on If you've played UFC 2.... within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2016, 09:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
If you've played UFC 2....

Are there improvements that you think would make a new boxing game great? Are there aspects of the game like player movement or physics that make an improved Fight Night Champion?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
Rookie

CoachDavid's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: If you've played UFC 2....

UFC is so much like WWE games that I can't get in to them. Fightnight finally brought the boxing to the game and it was just fun. I feel like a 2k Carrear mode on Fight night with face scans and online play would be great.

I know boxing is not in good shape and signing each boxer is a real problem. But I would and have purchase every boxing game made for Xbox, and Xbox 360.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:51 AM   #3
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

with UFC 2 out of the way, maybe they can focus on fight night for next-gen systems....fight night champion was the best one ever released and was fittingly called champion. they just got everything right on this game....with the popularity of creed (my favorite movie of 2016), there may be some interest. adding a career mode (similar to the previous one) including adonis creed would be awesome especially since a console game was not released with the movie. allowing us to create fighters to add to the career mode (such as sporino, conlan and wheeler) would be icing on the cake....

Last edited by sheredia; 03-25-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Actually the new KO mode in UFC2 is quite entertaining, even against the CPU, unlike any FightNight CPU fights I've had. For those that don't know this mode is striking only, so it's essentially a kickboxing game.

OK, a slightly stripped kickboxing game. You have a health meter (Customizable from one to ten health bars) and anytime you land a punch other then a jab or check kick (whatever that kick is) you take away a bar from your opponent. There is an option for gaining back a bar for a successful parry. You can play best 2 out of 3, best 3 out of 5 or best 1 out of 1 (sudden death). Think Tekken Kick Boxing.

I like the speed of the game, and it doesn't appear to encourage button mashing. Far more experienced MMA OS gamers can address that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »