Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2016, 08:21 AM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

I thought that I would get this thread started early as I have completed one game in Spring Training with my Cardinals.

We defeated the Marlins 8-5 with some great hitting. Pitching, especially the bullpen left a bad taste in my mouth, but hey its one game into Spring Training, so I'm not too concerned.

Wainwright threw a gem as I let him go two innings. He gave up 0 runs on 1 hit and struck out 4 while walking 1 (Clyde Washington is BLIND!). Marco Gonzalez threw two innings as well, but he didn't fare as well as he gave up 2 runs on 3 hits, and Stanton hit an absolute bomb off of him.

We were hot at the dish as we served up 12 hits to go along with our 8 runs. Things got started extremely early as Carpenter hit the first pitch he saw of the Spring off the right field scoreboard to give us an early 1-0 lead. Grichuk played the best going 3-3 in his time with a homer, double, and 3 RBI. First Base may be a concern as both Adams and Moss looked horrible, neither getting a hit and striking out a combined 4 times.

The infield is set and Left Field is set in the outfield, but CF and RF are up for grabs. Grichuk and Pham are the front runners for CF and RF is most likely the job of Stephen Piscotty, but he was pushed by C.J. McElroy who went 2 for 2 with 2 doubles and he played great in the field.

One game down for the 2016 Cardinals. Goal this spring is to shore up the bullpen and figure out the outfield. I have plenty of games to figure all that out.

GO CARDS!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #2
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

I have started with my Blue Jays. Currently 10-10 and in second in the division. Every team has at least 8 wins so this will be a tough year as always.

First off, I traded Smoak to the White Sox for Brantly to backup Marin. Then I signed Morneau to a 2 year deal (club option). I also signed Vic Black to a minor league deal and he is in AAA. I signed Joe Nathan to a 1 year deal and him and Chavez have been my only bright spots out of the pen. Finally I traded DJ Davis to Cleveland for Almonte (missing 80 games) and Utility player Walters.

So far Bautista/Donaldson are tied for first in home runs with 7 and Saunders has 5. Pillar/Martin/Casilla are all hitting around .300 and Tulo is hitting .399. Morneau is struggling with .222 and is splitting time with Colabello and Saunders for the 1B/LF spots.

The rotation has been terrible. Sanchez and Dickey have been decent but Happ, Stroman and Estrada have been terrible. Storen has already blown 3 saves and Osuna isn't doing much better.

Lots of questions will have to be addressed in the next couple months. If the pitching continues to falter, the Jays will have to try and acquire a top of the rotation starter. Also, with both Bautista and EE looking to text the free agent market the Jays will have to decide if it will be worth holding them both, dealing them both, or maybe just deal one.

Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2016, 05:02 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Got blown out by the Astros in game 2 of Spring Training. Astros jumped out to 4-0 lead and wound up winning 10-1. I played with all backups and it showed. Only main starter that played was Carlos Martinez, and he gave up 4 runs in the first.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:42 AM   #4
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

started a Padre one. I'm doing really well with Jose Pirrela (7/9 to start the season) and Manuel Margot.

Struggling mightily w/ Wil Myers and Yangervis Solarte.

Margot may win the opening day CF job.

However i know i will restart once the new OSFM comes out. I can't have Bud Black as my manager as he is right now with the imported franchise.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:57 AM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Currently 4-3 through 7 Spring Training games with my Cards.

Biggest issue on my mind right now is what to do with the infield, primarily with Adams and Moss. Not sure I want to keep both players as I need someone to back up Carpenter at 3rd. I'm keeping Gyorko to backup Wong and Peralta, but Gyorko cannot play third. Moss plays 1B and the corner outfield spots and Adams only plays first. Between Moss and Adams, I would keep Adams due to him being younger and a better contact hitter, but don't want to lose Moss because of the pop in his bat from the left side.

Decisions...decisions.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Currently 4-3 through 7 Spring Training games with my Cards.

Biggest issue on my mind right now is what to do with the infield, primarily with Adams and Moss. Not sure I want to keep both players as I need someone to back up Carpenter at 3rd. I'm keeping Gyorko to backup Wong and Peralta, but Gyorko cannot play third. Moss plays 1B and the corner outfield spots and Adams only plays first. Between Moss and Adams, I would keep Adams due to him being younger and a better contact hitter, but don't want to lose Moss because of the pop in his bat from the left side.

Decisions...decisions.
I start both Adams and Moss, with Moss platooning with Piscotty in right field, or with Adams at first base, depending on which of them is hitting better. At the same time, Piscotty backs up at third and at first. He should get 3-4 starts a week, plus he is used as a pinch-hitter.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:18 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimey
I start both Adams and Moss, with Moss platooning with Piscotty in right field, or with Adams at first base, depending on which of them is hitting better. At the same time, Piscotty backs up at third and at first. He should get 3-4 starts a week, plus he is used as a pinch-hitter.
I forgot about Piscotty playing 3rd base!

Thank you!

Old 03-28-2016, 05:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Currently 0-5 with the Detroit Tigers ! I'm loving the game but man I'm rusty . Every game has been close but the problem is I'm just not hitting too well. I play on hall of fame difficulty just like every year . Starting a new 3 game home series against the Pirates let's see if I can turn things around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »