Home

RTTS Game watch altered/removed

This is a discussion on RTTS Game watch altered/removed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RTTS Game watch altered/removed

My favorite way to play in RTTS is to watch the "result pitch" of all teammates and opponent batters. I can't find the place to change to this setting. Please don't tell me they took this out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 01:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: RTTS Game watch altered/removed

I see the option to press O after a play to watch the next but that's not at all the same thing as last year's game watch. Besides, if you're batting 8th and you're at home, you could miss the entire first 2 and a half innings.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I know. I am not happy about this. It reminds me of, what was it, MLB 10 or 11 that would show you in the on-deck circle with a summary and with Matt Vasgersian saying, "we'll jump forward now, to the bottom half of inning number six."

I've also noticed a lot fewer fielding chances, though I have the setting at "all".

On the plus side, thee only plus side I suppose, RTTS or Player Lock games take between 5 and 10 minutes.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:12 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 27

Should be under Mode Specific Options.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2016, 04:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Should be under Mode Specific Options.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
It's not there. It used to have "Game Watch Options" and the options were classic (which is what we have now as the only option), all, and result pitch.

Pretty pissed right now. Not going to lie. Definitely wouldn't have made the purchase had I known this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 04:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Here's my tweet to Ramone… we'll see what happens… not expecting much.

This will change how much I play RTTS or Player Lock games.

https://twitter.com/JohnnyDNGRSLY/st...13099870969857
Old 03-29-2016, 04:39 PM   #7
Just started!

BallinBC's Arena

I've noticed that it'll sometimes show the options to either "Watch Game" by pressing Circle or "Play-by-Play" by pressing triangle. The Play-by-play mode is the screen that would show up in between your player's plays last year.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:11 PM   #8
Rookie

So, for the record, Ramone’s answer: [chance for a patch] “none”

I now accept this as a deliberate “design decision” on the part of the developers and something that will not revert to prior playing styles to satisfy users.

From my experiments, here are our options, within each Presentation Style:

Fast Play
• Fast Play will always use the fast-forward mode of play. You’ll see an at-bat, followed by perhaps a fielding opportunity, followed by another at-bat; all with no simulation screen or any other form of interruption. It is up to the user to determine inning, score, outs, baserunners, defensive shift… all in the seconds before a pitch is thrown. One game I played, during which I had no fielding opportunities, it appeared I was batting back-to-back-to-back if I had not paid close attention to the score bug UI.
• (It should be noted that, if you begin play with anything but Fast Play, and press O to “watch game”, then change your Presentation Style to Fast Play, you will get as close to “all pitches” as we can get with only an occasional “do you want to continue watching” dialog.)

Hybrid and Broadcast
• Both of these styles use the fast-forward mode of play by default, but can be interrupted by the user pressing O to “watch game” or to show the “play by play” simulation screen we’re all familiar with. This must be done repeatedly during every cutscene — often interrupting said cutscenes in the process — else the game will revert to the fast-forward play.

I’m not sure I agree with their decision, but I can tell you these options are still probably superior to the “all pitches” and “result play” styles we had last year which would show the simulation screen with “PRESS X TO CONTINUE” between every batter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »