Home

Massive issues w/ bullpen warming up

This is a discussion on Massive issues w/ bullpen warming up within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2016, 01:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Massive issues w/ bullpen warming up

This has been infuriating to me the last couple of days...my bullpen guys don't seem to EVER get warm. Every game my starters are getting lit up no matter what I do differently with my bullpen warm-ups.

Last game, I see that Chris Sale is getting tired so in the Top of the 5th (I'm hitting), I start warming up my middle reliever...I play through the entire 5th and 6th inning (w/ Sale giving up 2 homers and 4 runs) and my reliever STILL says cold! How is that possible??

I found the setting that says 'turn warm-up off' but it's greyed out and I can't select it.

When I click 'enter game against A's' I'm not given the pre-game screen to change options, I am instantly in the game and in the options screen half the stuff is greyed out.

What am I doing wrong? This is breaking the game for me. I have re-started the same franchise over and over because I'm giving up 11 runs a game because every pitcher is tired and cold. Not once has a reliever said 'ready' or 'warm' or whatever it's supposed to say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
Rookie

JBate24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Massive issues w/ bullpen warming up

When you warm a pitcher up, you're usually supposed to put them in the next inning or they'll end up with "Tired." If you do start warming them up and decide to go with whoever was in before him, sit the warming up pitcher back down and start warming him back up the next half inning and that should make it so he doesn't get tired. I've never had this issue but this is what I've learned over the past three years of playing and watching others play.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:46 AM   #3
Rookie

Right, I feel like that's how it should work, but it never even says tired. My reliever was in the bullpen for 2 full innings and still said cold. In every re-try of this my reliever has always said cold, and never once said 'warm' 'ready' 'tired' or anything. Just cold, no matter how long they are in the bullpen.

It's making me wonder if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm dragging the pitcher into the warm up section and it even gives me the pop up confirming I want to warm up the pitcher.

Hmmm...

Edit: Well, I found out a way to at least turn off the warmup rule, basically I can't start the real time simulation and then enter my game, I have to just say 'play game' and ignore real time simulation. Hm, I wonder why.

Last edited by Velocityy; 04-06-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:33 AM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Ya I started having the same issue. After about 95 games or so all of a sudden my pitchers stay cold no matter how long they are in the bullpen.

edit....I figured out how to reproduce this. It happens when I enter my teams game from the real time simulation screen. Pitchers warm up normally when I go directly from the managers screen to the play game but not when I enter a game from simulation screen.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 05-09-2016 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:40 AM   #5
OOTP Community Manager

From one of the Devs:
If you enter a game after it has started (ie. from the real-time sim screen), then the warmup rule is actually off for the game (despite what it says in the game options). Pitchers will show as cold, but when they actually enter the game, they’re not treated that way (ie. they would enter warm).

The issue about the bullpen giving up a lot of runs is just bad luck/bad relievers.

Matt

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »