Home

Is anyone else's bullpen absolutely AWFUL?

This is a discussion on Is anyone else's bullpen absolutely AWFUL? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2016, 04:48 PM   #1
Rookie

Musty_Elbow's Arena

OVR: 0
Is anyone else's bullpen absolutely AWFUL?

I'm currently doing a franchise with Oakland, and three weeks in my bullpen is godawful. My LOWEST ERA for one of my relievers is 9. The rest are in double digits. Every time I place one of them in the game, it's a guaranteed run at least for the other team. Basically anytime my starters are tired, I better be up by at least 7 to be safe. It's not just my pitching either, as all my starters are below 4. Super frustrating as Sonny Gray is 0-4 with a 2.21 ERA. Is there an explanation for this? Has anyone else noticed this?
Phil 3:14

"I can do anything through he who empowers me"

I have single-handedly defended a small African village with nothing but a wooden spoon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 04:53 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Is anyone else's bullpen absolutely AWFUL?

I'm doing a franchise with the Reds and their bullpen in this game is horrid. Their bullpen in real life is horrid so I applaud the efforts to make the game as accurate as possible.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Using the Braves and with the exception of Viczaino and Grilli everyone else is rated below 70. So needless to say I have a rough time once the starters (who aren't much better) leave the game.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:59 PM   #4
Rookie

CPT JPMorgan's Arena

OVR: 3

I play with the Yankees, so no problems here. If anything, I have the opposite problem and just need to get through 6 with starter.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Hmm I don't have that problem but the Giants have a solid bullpen. Usually if I keeps it close and goto the bullpen I'm good cause I can hit the RP much better then SP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 05:32 PM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

As far as default rosters go, you want to avoid Tampa, San Diego & Arizona, for sure.
Pure dreck.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-19-2016, 08:49 PM   #7
Rookie

leinhart_6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musty_Elbow
I'm currently doing a franchise with Oakland, and three weeks in my bullpen is godawful. My LOWEST ERA for one of my relievers is 9. The rest are in double digits. Every time I place one of them in the game, it's a guaranteed run at least for the other team. Basically anytime my starters are tired, I better be up by at least 7 to be safe. It's not just my pitching either, as all my starters are below 4. Super frustrating as Sonny Gray is 0-4 with a 2.21 ERA. Is there an explanation for this? Has anyone else noticed this?

Using the Oakland A's as well. I've played fewer games so far, but seems like I'm on the same track as you lol The bullpen has been so so for me and Sonny is pitching in a similar manner. 2-7 to start the season.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:51 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I play as the Cardinals and my bullpen has been lights out thus far through the month of April. If I can get a starter past 5 innings, I feel confident in using my pen for the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »