Home

Fist Pump Moments

This is a discussion on Fist Pump Moments within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2016, 08:05 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Fist Pump Moments

Ok, I'm not sure if you're like me but there are times when I find myself pumping my fist during my games in certain situations. I thought it might be fun, and a change of pace for the forum, to have a fun thread and talk about key situations/moments in our games that found us pumping our fists in celebration.

In my last game I had 4 of them.

First came in the first inning when Jaime Garcia was in a jam. He had one out and bases loaded. He proceeded to get David Peralta to pop out in foul territory and then struck out Jake Lamb to get out of the inning.

Next came when, after Yadier Molina singled off of Grienke in the 8th and was bunted to second by Pham, Grichuk pinch hit for Garcia and proceeded to lace a double into the left field corner thus giving us a 1-0 lead late in the ballgame.

Then, after the D'Backs tied the game in the bottom of the 8th, Brandon Moss came up to bat with one out in the 9th and launched a 430ft bomb to right center that put us up 2-1 in the 9th.

And finally, you probably saw this one coming, Jordan Walden in for the save (Rosenthal needed a night off) proceeds to get Castillo, Owings, and Hernandez to strike out to end the ballgame.

So what are your fist pump moments?

And please lets keep this a fun thread. Plenty of threads to voice frustrations.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-20-2016 at 08:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #2
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fist Pump Moments

My last "Fist Pump", Ichiro Suzuki make a spectacular diving catch against Mets, in a lock char ( with Ichiro, of course ) play now mode. I raise my fist and yell: "Still number one, Ichiro ! Still number one...".
Old 04-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #3
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Earning back to back walks w/o the aid of QC.

Striking out Bryce Harper on 3 pitches with 2 out in the 8th inning with the bases juiced & a 2-1 lead, WITH DAN STINKING WINKLER! no less. I'm still pumping my fist over that one.

Keeping A-Rod from hitting #700 in MY house. No soup for you!

Stealing third on Yadier Molina.

I think I may have a problem pumping my fist too much. Is there a rehab for that?

Syracuse #44
Old 04-20-2016, 08:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Frostball's Arena

Top of the 9th Caminero pitching to the Giants pitch hit Michael Bourn who walks
Ellsbury strikes out
Panik strikes out
Now remember Bourn is still on base
Next up is Paul Goldschmidt who is already 3-4 in the game. You guessed it he blast a 2 run shot to Center now the Giants are up 5-3 going to the bottom of the 9th with Closer Sean Doolittle coming in.

Due up is Sano, Spangenberg, and Vazquez.......

Sano grounds out to 2B
Spangenber grounds out to 1B
Vazquez singles to right to keep the game alive. Vazquez of all people hahahaha
I then bring in Eric Young Jr to run for Vazquez
I bring in Kelly Johnson to bat for the pitchers spot. He walks so I sub him with Peraza. So I have speed on first and second.
Next up is Buxton who doubles down the left field line to tie the game up at 5
Yelich then come up and sees the first pitch and lines it for a walk off RBI single.

It was a fantastic game to win with Syndergaard not having his best stuff and giving up 2 HR's and 3 Runs total. and the bullpen blowing the lead in the 9th.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:35 PM   #5
Pro

Wish there were more high fives other than when you hit a home run! I work hard with my player locked SS on HOF and when I score a run or move over a runner I get no love. Just a hand above my helmet for the last three years. Would be nice if somebody anybody would give a high five.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 08:40 PM   #6
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

here's you a Freddie Freeman high 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
Wish there were more high fives other than when you hit a home run! I work hard with my player locked SS on HOF and when I score a run or move over a runner I get no love. Just a hand above my helmet for the last three years. Would be nice if somebody anybody would give a high five.

Syracuse #44
Old 04-20-2016, 08:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

In one game in my fantasy Rockies.

Locked in a pitching duel - it's 1-1 in the 8th, a rare low scoring game in Coors Field.

My starter is out and my hitters can't get anything going against a tiring Jon Lester.

Ichiro comes up with 2 outs and I'm just hoping he can get on base. It wasn't looking good a he fouled a drag bunt attempt and swung through a high fastball. After taking a breaking ball in the dirt, Lester tries to bust Ichiro inside.

Ichiro drops the bat on it and turns on it, yanking high to right field.

I'm saying "did he get enough?! did he get enough?!" and I watch as the RF runs out of real estate and ball sails into stands a few rows up.

Ichiro of all people hits a go-ahead home run. Ichiro! I have Joc Pederson, Gallo, Panik, Burns, Harper - but no, Ichiro hits one out.

Marmol nearly hits every batter he faces at least once but held on for the save. My fantasy Rockies are struggling bad so seeing a clutch HR like that was a fist pump moment for sure.

Still can't believe it's 42-year-old Ichiro that jacks one. Baseball.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:49 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
here's you a Freddie Freeman high 5
Thanks Man!
-Baseball Forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »