Home

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

This is a discussion on Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 06:11 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

[center]

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf is available now on Steam for Windows, OSX and Linux with plans to release it soon for consoles and Android TV.

Quote:
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf features an integrated online multiplayer with an in-game lobby for matchmaking. The game includes a fully integrated tournament function that allows external community sites to host their own tournaments in-game, using the publically available Application Program Interface. There is also an Integrated Control API, which can be used to connect external equipment to the game to provide a vast array of different simulation options.

The physics engine, built specifically for golf, implements true skid and roll bounce physics, as well as accurate green speed measurements. Inside the game, users can select different swing mechanics, including full controller support; various time-of-day and weather options, including real-time integrated weather; customize their players and golf clubs; and select from multiple difficulty options to play the courses they've designed. There are more than 20 modes of play, including the innovative hazard golf and a fully customizable Method of Play Creator, containing over 50 events that can be used to create custom game play modes.

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf also gives players a completely customizable experience, bringing forth the expertise that Jack Nicklaus and world-leading Nicklaus Design have gleaned from designing nearly 400 golf courses worldwide over parts of six decades. Now, users can become expert golf course designers and architects too. Nicklaus Design Course Forge, the in-game course designer, is the same platform used internally by Nicklaus Design for its global projects. Not only can players dabble in golf course design--they can completely customize the surrounding landscape, selecting from a large array of camera angles, tracers, and graphics quality settings. The courses are also fully geo-referenced for future integration of real-world data and accurate sun angles, based on location.

Perfect Golf has a global reputation in 3-D modeling and simulation for entertainment uses. Perfect Golf's graphics have set the benchmark and have been used during worldwide broadcasts of the most notable tournaments on the PGA TOUR to digitally depict golf course ball flights, playing conditions, and design elements on some of the best-known golf courses in the world including The Presidents Cup 2015 at Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea, and will soon be featured in the return of golf to the 2016 Olympics.

For those of you playing the pre-release, a new update has also arrived today. We've listed the fixes below.
  • Fixed: Can change Device type during game
  • Fixed: Green Grid on Green Only
  • Fixed: Bunch of issues in the Store
  • Fixed: Default settings on first run of game
  • Added Bethesda to Courses so people can now purchase
  • Fixed Two Balls on Tee
  • Fixed Could not navigate leaderboard with Controller
  • Various Chat fixes
  • Fixed Skins / Stroke Scramble Scoring
  • Added Ctrl T to Toggle Tee Move
  • Removed Tournament Rounds From Lobby
Platform: Mac / PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

Well that's the first official mention I've seen of console versions coming "soon". I haven't picked up many hints of just where Perfect Parallel is at with that, but if the XBox One, and particularly, the PS4 versions are out before November, I'll be shocked. The NVIDIA SHIELD version, I can see that one coming this summer because NVIDIA has been off and running with that version themselves for a while.

There's trouble in paradise right now in the Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf world for me, at least. Since the 1108701 update this afternoon, I haven't been able to play a multiplayer round - using RTS-C - either as host or a guest, where I could: change aim, change clubs, or even hit the start button to get back to the Settings menu. Everything is fine until I enter some chat text, that's what throws it off. The only way out is to alt-tab and then close the JNPG window... my fanboy illusions excellence have been shattered This was happening earlier in the day for 3-click users and they issued a patch to fix that, but it seems like it broke the game for the RTS-C users when they did so...

UPDATE: I've been advised of this: Temp fix for this problem is to hit F8 twice when it locks up and then you can actually chat and play. PP is working on a permanent fix for this today.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 05-04-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:06 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

The Jack Nicklaus endorsement is a wonderful and much deserved step forward for Perfect Golf. The game is made by people who really understand golf and it shows in the realistic ball physics and beautifully rendered courses. The team is dedicated to making constant improvements to the game and I am particularly looking forward to a deep offline career mode, with luck later this year.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:23 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

PG is a good golf sim but I'm not sure putting a name to the game is a good move.
Many will be dissapointed that there is absolutely no content relating to Jack Nicklaus aside from the title screen.
Unless the game gets a considerable update with a selection of Nicklaus courses,an option to play as Jack & some sort of career I think PP may have set themselves up for a fall.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:23 AM   #5
MVP

@OnlookerDelay......i value your opinion on Golf games....would you reccomend this game over The Golf Club ??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 07:07 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
PG is a good golf sim but I'm not sure putting a name to the game is a good move.
Many will be dissapointed that there is absolutely no content relating to Jack Nicklaus aside from the title screen.
Unless the game gets a considerable update with a selection of Nicklaus courses,an option to play as Jack & some sort of career I think PP may have set themselves up for a fall.
Interesting....Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear Challenge had the name only and did quite well. In case you forgot to read the official releases, Muirfield Village will be in the game prior to The Memorial. With the licensing agreement in place, JNPG will have access to all of Nicklaus' designs to recreate in the game. Having an ANI of Jack is not going to sell the game in this day and age, IMO. Career Mode is coming in a future update and the future of PG is much brighter today than it was last week. I see nothing but positives at this point in time.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 05-04-2016, 07:09 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
@OnlookerDelay......i value your opinion on Golf games....would you reccomend this game over The Golf Club ??
I am not OD, but here is what he said in another thread....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2&postcount=11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I've got over 1,500 hours in The Golf Club, and while it's an enjoyable game, it just feels shallow compared to Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf. The controller swing interface in this game is so far ahead of anything else I've ever played that it's unbelievable. As you stand over a shot with a controller in JNPG, you're sweating a wider array of outcomes because the interface is so dynamically balanced to model and reproduce swing errors that your senses pick up on it before your intuitive mind does... it's incredible! Little waves of euphoria trickle down my spine when I connect with a 5-wood approach from 235 yards out and send it where I intended... 60% of the time, I'm going to miss the green with this shot though, but your senses tell you why right after you hit the shot.

I can't compare the course creation tools because I don't have access to Course Forge. All I read says it requires more knowledge of Unity 5 to get the most out of it. It seems to allow a lot more custom objects than GNCD, and the courses wind up looking a lot more distinctive, as a result.
I also concur with this....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 05-04-2016, 07:41 AM   #8
MVP

Wow! Sounds awesome.... Have you given up on the golf club then?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »