Home

Have you ever played through an entire 82 game season only to not make the playoffs?

This is a discussion on Have you ever played through an entire 82 game season only to not make the playoffs? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #1
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7
Have you ever played through an entire 82 game season only to not make the playoffs?

Right now I'm 8-19 with the Lakers in my first season. My team chemistry is like 12% . I have only played like 6 games and simmed every other game to get to where I'm at because I don't want to take forever to get thru 82 games. Even though I still have a lot of games to go I would have to go on a big win streak to get above .500 and make the playoffs so I'm worried I may not make it. I feel like if I get thru all the games and not make the playoffs it would be a waste. Any of you guys labored thru all 82 games where you played most of the games and didn't make the playoffs ? Were you burned out ?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 08:02 PM   #2
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Have you ever played through an entire 82 game season only to not make the playof

I honestly don't think I've even finished an 82 game season without simming since Tecmo Super NBA Basketball on the SNES back in 1993.

If I did, I'm sure I'd be burned out. That's A LOT of losing and A LOT of games.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've finished any full regular season in a sports game (outside of football) since Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest on N64 in 1999......

But, I'm sure someone on here has and I'd like to know their story.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Have you ever played through an entire 82 game season only to not make the playof

Only on MyCareer in the rookie season (can't remember what 2k it was), by the time I became a starter we had (by far) the worst record in the league, my rating was terrible and so was the supporting cast, I think we won about 15 games.

The only other times I completed 82 games was on 'Create a Legend' using Gilbert Arenas on 2k12 and a 'Association' with the Knicks on 2k7, both were winning seasons.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Lucas_III's Arena

I've completed two full seasons before, playing every game with my brother. We were getting paid to do nothing at work for like a month so we played 2K every day. We only had single digit loses both seasons and were definitely burned out after the second season. The only way we could make it challenging was to put all the legends in the game onto their respective teams. When you have Frobe, Magic, and Wilt to deal with one night, then Bird, McHale, and Parrish to deal with the next night you get excited about every game.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Back in Live 2000 before internet gaming. I would play a full season on the hardest difficulty.

It was actually fun even tho i lost lots of games i would try my hardest to get a player into the all star game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 07:04 AM   #6
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Yep. This year I went 17-65 with Dallas.

Last year I went 37-45 with Cleveland and missed.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:21 AM   #7
Pro

Played two seasons with Nola on my center then it got really tedious because we went on a HUGE losing streak like 15 in a row so I traded to GSW and YT was Fun at first but now it's pretty boring again since we are by far and a way the BEST team in the league with a 64-18 record and 100% team chemistry i haven't played a game pat the second quarter in a LOOONG time. I'm actually in the first round of the playoffs rn against the lakers and I can't finish because blowing them out by 30 the whole series is almost as boring as being blown out when I was in NOLA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2016, 11:47 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

I can barely make it through a Madden season let alone a 2k season. I usually sim the regular season and play the playoffs if I make it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »