Home

Unluckiest Player?

This is a discussion on Unluckiest Player? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 07:51 PM   #1
Rookie

trevor3_2009's Arena

OVR: 3
Unluckiest Player?

Anybody else have that one player who seems to never have something go his way? I am in mid May in my Braves franchise and I cannot buy a hit with Nick Markakis. He is currently hitting below .150 with 0 HRs and 4 RBIs. It's not that he is striking out or just swinging the bat bad. He just always seems to hit the ball right at somebody.

About a 5 games ago, I tried sacrificing bunting with him just to get him a positive at bat, well he beats out the bunt for a hit! So I'm thinking his luck has changed. Very next game he gets a double and a home run and wouldn't you know it the game freezes! The baseball gods are so cruel.

Does anybody else have a player like this?
NBA: Toronto Raptors
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 08:00 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Unluckiest Player?

My unlucky player was unlucky for a different reaso. I had David Hale still on the the Braves last year in my carrover franchise. He had a season ending injury, though I can't remember what it was. I just started up a season with Colorado & David Hale is there. My first week with him he gets another season ending surgery.
#44Syracuse
Old 06-07-2016, 08:02 PM   #3
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Interesting you say Markakis, cause Ive always found one of my corner outfielders to be my worst hitter in each of my franchises. In 12 Bryce Harper started out ice cold for me in a Nats chise even though I felt like I could rake with his stance. 13 and 14 Nate Schierholtz was hitting under .100 through the first month or so, and in 15 and 16 ive seen slow starts to Soler and Schwarber. Just kind of a weird coincidence...but interesting

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 06-07-2016, 08:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor3_2009
Anybody else have that one player who seems to never have something go his way? I am in mid May in my Braves franchise and I cannot buy a hit with Nick Markakis. He is currently hitting below .150 with 0 HRs and 4 RBIs. It's not that he is striking out or just swinging the bat bad. He just always seems to hit the ball right at somebody.

About a 5 games ago, I tried sacrificing bunting with him just to get him a positive at bat, well he beats out the bunt for a hit! So I'm thinking his luck has changed. Very next game he gets a double and a home run and wouldn't you know it the game freezes! The baseball gods are so cruel.

Does anybody else have a player like this?

Chris Taylor was like that for the longest last season - was stuck in the .220s until a hot last two months.

This year, Mallex Smith...welcome to the Show, rookie. Just now got over the Mendoza line (after getting hot).

Both he and Jorge Mateo are the same kind of player. Mateo's raking over .300 and Smith is a bad series from under .200. Go figure.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #5
Rookie

trevor3_2009's Arena

I'm thinking it may be because Markakis has no power to speak of. So even though it feels like he is smoking it, it just doesn't have that oomph. Another unlucky story just happened to me. Casey Kelly just gave up a two run bomb to Jason Heyward and suffered a fractured skull on the play. Guess he whipped that head around to quick. Lol
NBA: Toronto Raptors
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 11:58 PM   #6
Rookie

Kevin Pillar has better hitting ratings than several guys on the lineup, but he just hits it right at someone or flies out all the time. He also gets all kinds of terrible ball and strike calls. His average was something like .207 in the first year of franchise, but he was barely rosterable for about 80% of the season. Especially with how many outfield errors there are in the game, he would have played himself out of the Majors.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #7
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Cory Spangenberg - 189 ABs hitting .176. Not sure if I should sit hit or let hit hit his way out of it but MAN he is hurting the team.

WAR is -0.79

Last edited by Grinder12000; 06-08-2016 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:40 AM   #8
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

For me, (focusing more on DD as that's what I've played the most) it's probably Brian Dozier (with whom I am still under the Mendoza Line) and Matt Holliday (with whom I'm not even hitting .100.). Hit the ball hard with these two, but they just don't drop.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »