Home

APF2k17: Big Ben vs Cam! - CAR @ PIT (Full Game}

This is a discussion on APF2k17: Big Ben vs Cam! - CAR @ PIT (Full Game} within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2016, 11:45 PM   #1
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Icon11 APF2k17: Big Ben vs Cam! - CAR @ PIT (Full Game}

I'll just say this was one hell of a football game with a dramatic finish!! (Note these vids were made from my personal roster file which is still a work in progress)

1st QUARTER

2nd - 3rd QUARTER

4th QUARTER

ENJOY!!!

Last edited by Kanobi; 07-01-2016 at 11:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 12:38 AM   #2
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: APF2k17: Big Ben vs Cam! - CAR @ PIT (Full Game}

Its remarkable that a game from 9 years ago and last gen tech can compare to Madden 16 on gen 4. Its amazing how close they are. If we could only see what they were capable of had 2k stuck around. Good job on those rosters by the way.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wish 2kcould make game for ps4
Old 07-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
Its remarkable that a game from 9 years ago and last gen tech can compare to Madden 16 on gen 4. Its amazing how close they are. If we could only see what they were capable of had 2k stuck around. Good job on those rosters by the way.
All the more impressive imo because it was a game 2K didn't/couldn't place their full development prowess behind because it was an unlicensed game.

Thanks for posting this Kanobi! Given how some have been harping on how great Madden 17 is looking, I've been meaning to go back and look at some of my own APF footage to pinpoint why I've found the recent Madden footage so unexciting, despite it's technical improvements. As dated as APF is, it still stands up in many areas to current Madden, which is both shocking and remarkable. I've only watched part of the 1st quarter but appreciate you chiming in with commentary also on the pass rush by Carolina and how the play played out

Thanks again!

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-03-2016, 05:16 PM   #5
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Looks great! What playbook are you using for the Steelers? I am getting good results with the shotgun book for the Steelers (it really shows off the explosiveness of the passing game) but kinda want Le'Veon Bell to be more involved.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 09:32 PM   #6
MVP

noshun's Arena

Good job on the vids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 07-04-2016, 10:59 AM   #7
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
Thanks and yes, one could only imagine what an NFL 2k16/2k17 might look like on current gen hardware. Im still being impressed by APF and it's 10 years old with countless hours of playtime logged in. I could easily see NFL2k being a no-brainer, auto-buy for me on Xbox One or PS4 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
All the more impressive imo because it was a game 2K didn't/couldn't place their full development prowess behind because it was an unlicensed game.

Thanks for posting this Kanobi! Given how some have been harping on how great Madden 17 is looking, I've been meaning to go back and look at some of my own APF footage to pinpoint why I've found the recent Madden footage so unexciting, despite it's technical improvements. As dated as APF is, it still stands up in many areas to current Madden, which is both shocking and remarkable. I've only watched part of the 1st quarter but appreciate you chiming in with commentary also on the pass rush by Carolina and how the play played out

Thanks again!
Thanks man! You know, it's a bit humorous watching the Madden devs get excited each year about "new" gameplay elements that had already been innovated by 2k.

I think it was Madden 16 where they introduced contextual animations for HB's...getting skinny through the hole...pushing off the backs of blockers ....I believe it was Madden 14 or 15 where they introduced defensive players head-tracking the football. I mean ...considering NFL2k3-APF2k8 had already achieved those things....it makes it abundantly clear EA knew what was coming and had no choice but to shut it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Looks great! What playbook are you using for the Steelers? I am getting good results with the shotgun book for the Steelers (it really shows off the explosiveness of the passing game) but kinda want Le'Veon Bell to be more involved.
You have to keep toying with different playbooks. I plan on switching the Steelers playbook in my file also in order to make Brown a bigger focus lol

But I've seen games, during my testing, where the defense tries to take Brown away with double teams and the Steelers adjust by using Wheaton and Sammy Coates. As you saw in the game above...the Steelers adjusted after some failed attemptss to establish the pass and went to Bell.

So, from what I've seen, it depends on the opponent and what's happening in the game that influences what the CPU will do regardless of the scheme.

Last edited by Kanobi; 07-04-2016 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

do you plan on sharing your roster files?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »