Home

MLB 17 Visual Improvements (Wishlist)

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Visual Improvements (Wishlist) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2016, 12:49 AM   #1
Rookie

WMoore75's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB 17 Visual Improvements (Wishlist)

As we all know the SCEA team made some amazing improvements visually to MLB 16 The Show. They have many masterminds on their team making The Show one of the greatest franchises there is today. I am creating this thread in hopes of making their job a little easier when it comes down to brainstorming for things to make the game look even better than it already does.

Feel free to leave any ideas, pictures, and/or opinions that you think will improve and should be included in next years edition of MLB The Show.

Here's a list of mine:
- Of course PBR the grass/turf (I remember them saying they were working on it but couldn't get it in this years game)
- We all know that you guys have stated that it's hard to make the players' faces look more realistic, a nice make-up for that would be updated body models, at least make them more realistic with more options.
- More equipment updates, maybe tie the shoelaces when scanning them instead of tucking them into the shoe.
- For some reason in many of the stadiums most of the steps have no rails. not really important but it just makes the stadium look kind of funny.
- add more graphic overlays for when a home run is hit, stolen base, strikeout, etc.
- create 3 jersey templates (standard, pullover, and vests)
- improve uniform slots (some teams have the same pants/hats for their alternate uniforms yet they take 2 slots for example HOME and H-ALTERNATE for the reds have the same pants/hat) or does that not fix the uniform slot issue?

Last edited by WMoore75; 07-05-2016 at 01:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
Rookie

RCMacc44's Arena

Re: MLB 17 Visual Improvements (Wishlist)

Last year they focused on the field with PBR...

Next year I would be ecstatic to see new player models and PBR applied to uniforms and players skin.
And of course more hair and body types as well as a reworking of the uniforms to make them move more realistically.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:39 PM   #3
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

I really hope 17 is the year we finally get new player models with better looking cloth physics, but I don't want to get my hopes up yet again. At the very least I'd like to have more varied body types, the 3 current ones don't really fit all players. For example there's no way to have a guy that is somewhat chubby(ex. Juan Uribe, Kendrys Morales), he either has to have a normal build or look straight up obese.

I hope the grass gets gets improved next year as well. I can't quite put my finger on it but for some reason the grass doesn't look convincing to me, especially when compared to the grass in FIFA. It just looks like a semi low-res texture when viewed from a distance. If they can get this down, the stadiums will look absolutely perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Actual functioning LED boards would be nice (showing a player's name when they are announced, rotating ads, etc), although that's pretty low on my priorities.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:22 PM   #4
Rookie

physicx's Arena

Something that's kind of bothered me lately is the size of the ball when it's in play. Like when it's in a player's glove or hand, it looks normal sized, but once it's in play, the thing turns to a white dot and looks almost the size of a player's head. No clue why that happens but maybe they can look into it.

Also, as a catcher in real life, boy do the animations bother me. They're pretty clunky e.g. when a catcher calls for a high pitch and they warp back into their primary stance. Considering this is the player you are looking at the most when pitching, it's important to get a catcher's motions right behind the plate. Looking at the bench coach for pitches, primary and secondary (throw-down) stances, showing decoy signs when a runner's on 2nd base, framing pitches, the glove actually closing when the ball hits it, stuttering when throwing back to the pitcher if they disagree with the umpire's call, dropping to their knees or looking like they're in pain when they take a foul ball to an unprotected area. All sorts of things you could do with the catcher. And add more equipment! Gimme some Nike and Mizuno gear
Old 07-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #5
Rookie

bobzyauncle's Arena

Removing the quick aninmated run in when the outfielder throws to an infielder and it is the end pf the play and they run in a speeded up way, looks weird.

Texture of the walls, they mostly look the same everywhere in eah ground thus look bland. Things like marks, creases should be easy to incorporate.

The dirt.

Umpires clothing (especially the shoes, look like clogs

Frostbite engine may fix most of this I hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #6
Rookie

NBAGreen's Arena

OVR: 2

I hope that they add the option to add the ball trail for all balls destined for the outfield. Line drives where the ball doesn't rise above the top of the screen during a day game at Wrigley are not visible.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:25 AM   #7
Rookie

NBAGreen's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
I hope the grass gets gets improved next year as well. I can't quite put my finger on it but for some reason the grass doesn't look convincing to me, especially when compared to the grass in FIFA. It just looks like a semi low-res texture when viewed from a distance. If they can get this down, the stadiums will look absolutely perfect as far as I'm concerned.
The grass in FIFA defined next gen in my mind. Having played it for years on Xbox 360 the next gen version was an incredible step up. Player interaction (sliding, running) causes changes to the grass. Some common camera angles of the field in MLB the Show look like the semi low-res textures of the lawn that FIFA had in its last gen iterations.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:40 PM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I would say add more fan variety in the stands. I promise you i see that same brother at every game lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »