Home

NBA Live Mobile Review (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on NBA Live Mobile Review (iOS/Android) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA Live Mobile Review (iOS/Android)

When EA reps announced they were going to be focusing on mobile for the NBA Live series, it was not that surprising. Still, I was filled with quite a bit of hope that NBA Live Mobile would deliver a new and interesting mobile sports gaming experience.

However, after a week with the game, I can confidently say that if the future of gaming (and sports gaming) is on mobile, we’ve got a very long way to go.

Read More - NBA Live Mobile Review (iOS/Android)
Platform: Android / iOS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 11:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Your being very hard on a product that didn't even have have live 5 on 5 gameplay last year. As a 2k Sim gamer i find this live to provide deep and rewarding gameplay with the main downside being the obvious money pooling tactics of all freemium games. While it only has 2 buttons on defense you can press and make the cpu adjust tempo or force a bad shot or go for a steal. The offense is surprisingly fluid if you know basketball, if you space the floor, you get picks, elbow iso's, and post's. So far i've seen about 5-10 different actual sets run. the drive/spin/crossover options work fluidly as well, and even the post game is there. My gripe is the card farming system being unbalanced but hey. I haven't put this game down since i dl'd it. Sleeper players to help anyone starting are dragic and korver. good value till u can get a superstar or 2. porzingas is a monster as well.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:46 AM   #3
Banned

Wall away people. Nothing to see here. I tried this game and got absolutely NOTHING out it. Some things just need to stay in there realm.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:07 AM   #4
Banned

EA would've been better off releasing this on last gen consoles for free download. At least the "average" gamer (me) who will give any basketball/football game a try will give it a real chance.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:10 PM   #5
Rookie

I want a Live product to be good. I want it so bad. But this game is not good. I gave it a chance.

In sum, it's a freemium game. You start out with a dumpster fire of a team. I guess I'm supposed to pay to get better players? I would much rather pay $5 for a balanced game experience.

The controls are very loose. I did a "dunk drill" (?) and I couldn't reliably get the player to dunk in an empty gym. The defense is wonky. The passing is wonky. Hell, the shooting is wonky. There's no strategy on either end of the ball.

Play it while you're on the toilet. But it's not worth much more than what you're sitting over. 6/10 is very generous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 06:40 PM   #6
Rookie

Re: NBA Live Mobile Review (iOS/Android)

Reviewer didn't mention that it has a lot of assets from Live 10 and nice to see that gameplay and animations. While limited in gameplay most free mobile games are more about the tapping on screen, sound effects, collecting and upgrading. However it's still very playable and there is a big learning curve in that it is much harder than live 16 which is welcomed. In time like all mobile games updates will make it better but very good effort so far.

I think it's a win for live just looking at the number of downloads, interaction and positive comments on their Twitter. Hopefully these people will pick up the console version next year.

Also.. If you like Star Trek I highly recommend their timelines mobile game.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:52 PM   #7
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I'll agree with Nemesis. With each content update the game gets better and better. The amount of animations for a mobile game is impressive. I hate mobile games with a passion, and I hate LUT. I didn't enjoy the game at all for the first few days.

I'm hooked on it now. I haven't spent a dime, but my franchise is already at an 81 rating. I won't spend money, although I know guys who hAve dropped hundreds on packs and bundles.

The depth is pretty decent once you figure it out. Defense is engaging, once you get the hang of it. Sometimes the left stick movement doesn't click the way I want it, but taking my thumb off then putting it back on seems to help with that.

Overall, I really enjoy it. I didn't anticipate liking it at all.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

Just as the above comments have mentioned there's no need to spend money to attain a decent team. I've only played for about 4 days and already have a 70 avg team, with one team near 77 (83 Giannis and 81 KLove)

The modes are fun and there's daily content that is both fairly rewarding and not easy to complete so there's little to argue about. I'm interested to see who they'll add when the seasons arrives

NBA Fan since 2007

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »