Home

Motorsport Manager Coming to PC, Mac & Linux in September

This is a discussion on Motorsport Manager Coming to PC, Mac & Linux in September within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:50 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Motorsport Manager Coming to PC, Mac & Linux in September

Motorsport Manager is scheduled to arrive in September for PC, Mac and Linux, more details can be found at the official website. Many more videos on the game can be seen here.

Read the full press release below.

SEGA’S® MOTORSPORT MANAGER™ ANNOUNCES SCOTT SPEED AS AN OFFICIAL U.S. AMBASSADOR & SPOKESMAN

Former F1 Driver and Global Rallycross Winner Shows You How to Take Control and Win!

Motorsport Manager™, an all-new and fully immersive motorsport management PC game experience, is proud to announce former Formula 1® driver and Global Rallycross winner Scott Speed as its brand ambassador.

Created by Playsport Games and published by SEGA, this new title is a highly detailed management experience for motorsport fans. Players are embedded in the exciting world of open-wheeled racing and take on the role of team manager. You own every decision in building your own team, starting with the construction of your own Headquarters and workshops, through staffing and recruitment to hiring the most experienced of drivers. Motorsport Manager then allows the player to tune the cars, develop new parts and create race strategies in real time. Not only do you make tactical race decisions but players can even participate in the political manoeuvring behind the scenes to secure an edge for their team. If you are a motorsports fan, this game will bring your fantasy of running your own team to life. Do you have what it takes?

Motorsport Manager™ allows players and fans of motorsports to explore all aspects of managing a racing team and who better than Scott Speed to talk about how the depth and realism come to life in this game?

Scott has excelled in a variety of racing disciplines throughout his career. Formerly a driver for the Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 team, he made his Formula One race debut in 2006; he became the first American to race in F1 since Michael Andretti in 1993. Speed later turned his career towards stock car racing; specifically NASCAR.

Currently competing with Andretti Autosport and Volkswagen to race for the Red Bull Global Rallycross Series Championship; his behind the wheel experience and off the track knowledge makes Speed the perfect ambassador for Motorsport Manager.

“Throughout my racing career, I’ve learned a lot about both sides of the pit wall,” said Speed. “Motorsport Manager really demonstrates how all of these dynamic and complex elements need to come together in order to win races and championships. There are so many moving parts that have never been put into one game before. In some ways, it’s even more absorbing than being the driver!”

Coming to PC and Mac in September 2016, Motorsport Manager™ promises to give motorsport fans the ultimate experience in motorsport management. The development team is very excited to be working alongside Scott. “He is a talented and gifted driver, who has excelled in a variety of different series,” said Christian West, Co-Founder and CTO of Playsport Games. “Not only does this require skill behind the wheel but also a great aptitude outside of the car – working with the team, sponsors and series officials. Motorsport Manager is about leading your team to success, which makes Scott the ideal person for us to be partnered with.”

Platform: Mac / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
WOW! This game looks awesome! Basically a much nicer version of the old f1-time.com website that is an online f1-manager mode game.

Wish we could hear more about the game's online functionalities/career mode.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2
This looks very promising. I'm interested to see how your team moves throughout different championships. It was mention about the develop of the car over different series and rules changes so there seems to be a lot of potential progress and replay ability.

However that trailer with the constant scene cutting made my eyes hurt.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:56 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12
This game looks really good. I am interested in it. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:20 AM   #5
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

I hope it has steam workshop tools. I would love for a talented modder to make a NASCAR version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Motorsport Manager Coming to PC, Mac & Linux in September

Can't wait! No date yet, just sometime in September right?
Old 08-10-2016, 07:10 PM   #7
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

These are the same guys who made the mobile app Motorsport Manager, which I highly recommend.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:41 PM   #8
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
These are the same guys who made the mobile app Motorsport Manager, which I highly recommend.
Yep I played their mobile app a good bit.

I would love for them to have their formula but for NASCAR.
I occasionally stream on twitch at twitch.tv/tcfclemson

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »