Home

Conference Schedule Logic

This is a discussion on Conference Schedule Logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2016, 01:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Conference Schedule Logic

I'm currently looking into beginning a dynasty with 2016 rosters, but wasn't sure how to make schools play a 9-game conference schedule.

I know it's based on the number of schools and whether or not the protected rivals setting is on or off.

For example I want the Big Ten to play 9 games, should I do protected rivals on or off?

Favorite Teams:
NFL: Detroit Lions
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
MLB: Detroit Tigers
NBA: Detroit Pistons
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #2
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Conference Schedule Logic

turn the protected rivals on for the 9 game schedule with 14 teams in conference.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5

I got this from some thread on this board. Not sure who to credit, but here it is:

For 8 or 9 conference games, use this info:

4-8 schools – 7 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else. For conferences of 4-6 schools FCS opponents will play the part of your additional conference games

9 schools – 8 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else.

10 schools – 9 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else.

11 schools – 8 conference games with a rotation of other conference members.

12 schools – 8 conference games when using protected rivals. 9 conference games when not using protected rivals. (Note: C-USA will use their 8 conference game, no protected rival format by default)

13 schools – 8 conference games. Protected Rivals are not available in conferences with odd numbered schools.

14 schools - 8 conference games when using protected rivals. 9 conference games when not using protected rivals.

15 schools – 10 conference games. Depending on the rotation you will have 6-7 division games in a year with 3-4 rotating cross divisional games (based on the MAC's 13 school schedule rotation)

16 schools – 9 conference games. With protected rivals you will have 7 division games, 1 protected rival, and 1 rotating cross division opponent. Without protected rivals you will have 7 division games and 2 rotating cross division games.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

tried to find an existing thread for this and thought maybe this were the best one....

I just expanded the BIG 12 to include BYU and Houston, split the divisions into a North/South set up. After 3 seasons into it, I've realized that the in-division scheduling is static each year. Each year, my in-division schedule starts with 2 cross-division games, and then in the same order every year: OK State, Kansas, Iowa State, Kansas State, TCU (cross div rival), and Oklahoma to finish the year. Is there a setting to change this (other than modding, which would be a huge pain in the neck to try to do in the regular season)? I don't like finishing against the same teams in the same order every year.

#GoPackGo
Old 10-15-2016, 02:10 AM   #5
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
tried to find an existing thread for this and thought maybe this were the best one....

I just expanded the BIG 12 to include BYU and Houston, split the divisions into a North/South set up. After 3 seasons into it, I've realized that the in-division scheduling is static each year. Each year, my in-division schedule starts with 2 cross-division games, and then in the same order every year: OK State, Kansas, Iowa State, Kansas State, TCU (cross div rival), and Oklahoma to finish the year. Is there a setting to change this (other than modding, which would be a huge pain in the neck to try to do in the regular season)? I don't like finishing against the same teams in the same order every year.
A way to battle this is changing up the conference. IE adding and removing teams. I tend to add/remove teams from the conference I am in every few years. For example, I may move West Virginia to the ACC, or Iowa State to the Big 10 for geographic reasons. It's fairly realistic to see teams move these days, so I don't have to suspend the disbelief. It can also keep things fresh with new opponents.

You could also fix it geographically (IE a more westernly team is in the east conference and vice versa, so you swap them), or change the protected rivals, or turn them off for a season or two.

One final thing (I haven't tried yet) is to move your team out of conference, then move it back in right after. It could trip the system a bit and re-randomize the scheduling.

I feel you pain. I currently have a 4 game road streak to end the season. Although it means I finish with 4 at home next year, it sucks. I'm in teambuilder, so I can't edit.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
One final thing (I haven't tried yet) is to move your team out of conference, then move it back in right after. It could trip the system a bit and re-randomize the scheduling.
I was thinking that could be a solution. I'm not at that point of my dynasty so I'm hoping that someone could try it and confirm if it works or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2016, 11:31 PM   #7
Rookie

kc_brigade88's Arena

The schedule depends on what teams you add to your conference and works from week 15 back. Example: My Sun Belt conference

15 - Arkansas State
14 - Texas State
13 - New Mexico State
12 - South Alabama
11 - Troy
10 - ULL
9 - ULM
2 - Georgia State

I added the teams in that reverse order. Week 15 Matchups in my dynasty are

ULL/ULM
Little Rock/ASU
USA/Troy
NMSU/TXST

Bye: Georgia State

There will be teams that end up with like 4 straight home or road games. Haven't figured it out. Nor have I figured out anything past a 10 team league with divisions. I have done the Sun Belt and Big 12 in my dynasties and all the rivalries I wanted were on Week 14 and week 15.

There was a thread earlier this year that chronicled it.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:32 PM   #8
Rookie

kc_brigade88's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...schedules.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »