Home

What to do with the Saints in Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on What to do with the Saints in Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2016, 08:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What to do with the Saints in Franchise Mode?

Hello all,

I have picked the Saints as the team I will start with in Franchise mode in this year's Madden. And I am looking for some suggestions and input on how to build this team. If any Saints fans are reading this, your input will be very much appreciated.

Anyways, the key is obviously to rebuild the defense by any means necessary. What I am more concerned about however is deciding what to do with Drew Brees. I am very tempted to let him walk after year 1 and do a full rebuild with this team and get my own qb in there. My thinking is that since Brees isn't getting any younger, and the team will probably not be Super Bowl worthy in the first 2 seasons at least, it would be better not to pay so much for Brees. Should I try to develop Grayson even though he is only 64 overall or should I try to draft a true franchise qb?

Any other input on what to do with this team is appreciated. Thank you in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 09:06 PM   #2
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What to do with the Saints in Franchise Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walls17
Hello all,

I have picked the Saints as the team I will start with in Franchise mode in this year's Madden. And I am looking for some suggestions and input on how to build this team. If any Saints fans are reading this, your input will be very much appreciated.

Anyways, the key is obviously to rebuild the defense by any means necessary. What I am more concerned about however is deciding what to do with Drew Brees. I am very tempted to let him walk after year 1 and do a full rebuild with this team and get my own qb in there. My thinking is that since Brees isn't getting any younger, and the team will probably not be Super Bowl worthy in the first 2 seasons at least, it would be better not to pay so much for Brees. Should I try to develop Grayson even though he is only 64 overall or should I try to draft a true franchise qb?

Any other input on what to do with this team is appreciated. Thank you in advance

nice q

i would trade brees in play now to give u more cap space

but assume u want to play with him for 1 year

u need a star DE + CB and a fast MLB

A tall WR like coston Better G/C

Focus on def unless a top QB falls in your lap
Old 08-09-2016, 09:12 PM   #3
Rookie

I basically want to play out the 1st season and depending on whether we make the playoffs would decide brees' fate. I'm assuming we wont make it year 1 so trading him will be off the table in year 1 tho
Old 08-09-2016, 09:59 PM   #4
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
nice q

i would trade brees in play now to give u more cap space

but assume u want to play with him for 1 year

u need a star DE + CB and a fast MLB

A tall WR like coston Better G/C

Focus on def unless a top QB falls in your lap
Saints just drafted a big WR, Michael Thomas who is drawing rave reviews in camp and they have one of the best C in the game. I would concentrate on D; pass rushing DE, MLB and I would look for S help, Byrd and Harper aren't gonna get it.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 08-09-2016, 10:32 PM   #5
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Q: "What to do with the Saints in Franchise Mode?"

A: Relocate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 11:39 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Man, i pick the saints every year im my cfm, except this year.

My saints front office has no sense of direction on neither side of the ball, this offseason wasa complete waste which makes the madden rebuilding process a 5+ year task instead of the normal 1-2 offseason-build-a-contender process that im used to, nevertheless, here's what i think u should do;

OFFENSE

bleed brees until he's done, use him to build your young offensive weapons like cooks, the rook from osu and armstead and the other young guys on the oline, do not trade breesus unless someone gives u an offer you just cannot refuse
TRADE-BAIT
-unger
-spiller
-ingram
-brandon coleman

DEFENSE

omg, what a real crap bucket of a front seven!!! Im guessing ttey will be running a 40 front base this year, looks like a middle linebacker by committee retirement home thing going on, pick an old guy and cut the other. You kinda have to stick with the 43 base, 34 personnel is just not an option. You need to spend all efforts rebuilding the lber corps around Anthony of course. Also, theres a sleeper, lber davis tull, he can be developed into a solid madden player. So yeah, may God be with you. Dlinemen... Of course theres cam, not a good madden player imo no matter what scheme you plan on running and of course theres a plethora of interior linemen to choose from which is why i am so disappointed with our front office and Mickey. The secondary, ok, breathe its actually not that bad in madden terms. Go with breaux and pj because Keenan is not worth investing xp in because He's basically stealing xp from a younger cb, looking at von Bell's ratings, im not sure its worth investing in his talents or lack there of.

TRADE-BAIT

-byrd
-keenan
-cam Jordan
-pj Williams
-any of the interior linemen

In short, you have a defense that will give up 28+ points every game but thankfully you have breesus who will get your offense a ton of stats and goals which means a ton of xp

Offseason

After that long season, im assuming you may want to invest in defense, maybe a qb, try to fill as many holes as you can in free agency, hopefully you got some draft picks with your trade bait list. After the draft, its gonna be all about getting draft picks and clearing cap, rebuilding the team, defense first, mainly through fa and trades and building young skill players through the draft

Wishing you the best of luck man, facing the panthers ans falcons twice a year is gonna make you wanna fling your controller im sure, just stick it out and strap it in for the long haul man!
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 08-10-2016, 10:27 AM   #7
Rookie

Appreciate the lengthy reply man. Definitley some good ideas.

While I would like to make trades I just don't think its gonna be possible because Maddens trading system is garbage so we may just need to ride out these terrible contracts but I am looking forward to the challenge for sure

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »