Home

Updating Team Prestige

This is a discussion on Updating Team Prestige within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2016, 03:47 PM   #1
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Updating Team Prestige

It's been three years since the release of NCAA 14 and with the new rosters being worked on I figured it would be worth revisiting team prestige across the country and figuring out who deserves what ranking. I started re-rating some teams based on prestige just today and wanted to see what the rest of you thought. Any insight is appreciated and welcomed!

6 Star Prestige:
  • Alabama
  • Clemson
  • Florida State
  • LSU
  • Notre Dame
  • Ohio State
  • Oklahoma

5 Star Prestige:
  • Auburn
  • Baylor
  • California
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Michigan
  • Michigan State
  • Mississippi State
  • Ole Miss
  • Oregon
  • South Carolina
  • Stanford
  • TCU
  • Texas
  • UCLA
  • USC
  • Texas A&M

Other Notes:
  • Houston bumped up to 4-stars from 3-star prestige
  • Arkansas, Miami, Nebraska and Washington dropped from 5 to 4-star prestige
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 10:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Updating Team Prestige

I disagree w/ Clemson in the 6*, they had one great year. I'd leave them at 5* until they do it again, they are known to falter when they have high expectations. They are creeping up there though.

Florida, Texas, USC and Michigan are still 6* they are four of the most prestigious programs in the country and still get unreal recruiting classes even when they go .500. (similar to LSU, you can't have LSU as a 6 and not Florida)

5* just depends on your criteria so I will only disagree with the obvious head scratchers - Cal? - not even close. I have a hard time putting Miss St. as a 5* too, what have they done and they are lucky to get any 4* recruits? S. Carolina had an unreal run under Spurrier so I won't argue them or Ole Miss who is landing big time recruits under Free$e. Miami I can see dropping to a 4* but they should be a 5* they still get stud classes and produce big time NFL guys, its Miami. Nebraska is a 5* period, Pelini actually won 10 games a year numerous times but that wasn't good enough there. TCU when the game was made shouldn't be a 5* but they are on the rise and getting comfortable in the B12 so I'm ok w/ that one too. Baylor will drop soon but for now you'd have to keep them up there.

So basically Cal is a 4* maybe even a 3* and you have to move Florida, Texas, USC and Michigan up. They are college football, if they are 5*'s then 3/4 of your 5*'s need dropped to 4*s.

***The team prestige fluctuates so much in a Dynasty I am in year 5 of a dynasty I control 4-5 teams in and there are only two 6*'s left. (Alabama and Auburn)

Last edited by GAMEBREAKER85; 08-18-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:58 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

my $0.02... I only disagree with 7 of the teams that you have listed.

I agree with all the 6 stars except Clemson. They feel like a 5 to me.

As for the 5 stars, the following teams I feel should be a 4 instead:
Baylor, Cal, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, TCU.

I agree with you dropping Arkansas, Miami, Nebraska, and Washington down to 4 stars as well.

#GoPackGo
Old 08-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Thanks for the feedback guys. This is what this thread was created for: input and discussion back and forth. I'm as big of a Texas fan as the next guy but definitely thought they had taken a step back from elite status and thought that a 5-star rating was appropriate for them but I like that you're arguing for them to be 6-star.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Where are you able to change the team prestige ratings at?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 03:06 PM   #6
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

In any of the editors that are floating around. I use the NCAA Dynasty Editor but I'm sure the Generic EA Editor would work as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2016, 05:00 PM   #7
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3

i admittedly am a clemson fan, but clemson is a six star program. if clemson isnt one, the only six star program is alabama. clemson and alabama are the only teams to have five ten win seasons in a row heading into 2016. clemson is 33 - 2 at home from 2011 until now, only losing to the 12 gamecocks and the 13 noles. clemson hasn't lost against an unranked opponent since 2011, nor an unranked opponent at home since 2010. clemson and alabama are the definition of consistent in this decade (2010s)
Old 08-19-2016, 08:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Jazon654's Arena

OVR: 0

Can't put Clemson as a 6 star till they bring home that Natty. Consistent 10 win seasons gets you that 5*. Championships (or a storied history of winning championships) gets you that 6*. My own opinion of course.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »