Home

Way Too Early Madden 17 Sliders!! 15 Minute Quarters (All Pro)

This is a discussion on Way Too Early Madden 17 Sliders!! 15 Minute Quarters (All Pro) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2016, 03:49 PM   #1
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Way Too Early Madden 17 Sliders!! 15 Minute Quarters (All Pro)

Wasssup OS?! I'm ThatMichiganFan and these are my Way Too Early Madden 17 Sliders!! Playing Madden 17 with EA Access has been a blast so far, and on default All Pro the game is amazing. But after a few games, I noticed some things that needed to be tweaked, mainly the CPU Run game and QB Accuracy. So I made a few quick changes and found a set that appears to play nicely so far. I've played 8 quarters with this set (1 full game, 2 half games) and I've had good results so far. And while there is still plenty of testing to do, I figured I would share with my OS fam!

*These are still being tested, obviously*

Settings

All Pro Difficulty

15 Min Quarters

15 Sec Accelerated Clock

Game Speed- Normal

Player Sliders

Injuries- 55

Fatigue- 55

Player Speed Parity Scale- 40

User Sliders

QB Accuracy- 40

Pass Blocking- 45

WR Catching- 46

Run Blocking- 48

Fumbles- 51

Reaction Time- 60

Interceptions- 50

Pass Coverage- 60

Tackling- 50

FG Power- 50

FG Accuracy- 50

Punt Power- 50

Punt Accuracy- 50

Kickoff Power- 50

CPU Sliders

QB Accuracy- 35

Pass Blocking- 60

WR Catching- 45

Run Blocking- 60

Fumbles- 51

Reaction Time- 55

Interceptions- 50

Pass Coverage- 55

Tackling- 51

FG Power- 50

FG Accuracy- 50

Punt Power- 50

Punt Accuracy- 50

Kickoff Power- 55

Penalties

Offside- 55

False Start- 55

Offensive Holding- 55

Defensive Holding- 60

Facemask- 50

Illegal Block in the Back- 50

Roughing the Passer- 51

Defensive Pass Interference- 70

Offensive Pass Interference- On

Kick Catch Interference- On

Intentional Grounding- On

Roughing the Kicker- On

Running into the Kicker- On

Autosubs

QB Out/In- 0/1

RB Out/In- 80/89

WR Out/In- 48/57

FB/TE Out/In- 48/57

OL Out/In- 0/1

DT Out/In- 58/67

DE Out/In- 58/67

LB Out/In- 63/72

CB Out/In- 48/57

S Out/In- 48/57

XP Sliders (CFM Only)

*All credit for these goes to tdawg3782. He did all the research and testing, I'm just borrowing them.

QB: 90% (done)

HB: 120% (done)

FB: 100% (done)

WR: 120% (wip)

TE: 90% (done)

T: 130% (wip)

G: 130% (done)

C: 150% (wip)

DE: 100% (wip)

DT: 100% (done)

OLB: 90% (wip)

MLB: 100% (done)

CB: 120% (done)

FS: 100% (done)

SS: 90% (done)

K: 100% (done)

p: 100% (done)

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html

Last edited by ThatMichiganFan; 08-23-2016 at 01:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 04:03 PM   #2
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Re: Way Too Early Madden 17 Sliders!! 15 Minute Quarters (All Pro)

Houston Texans at Oakland Raiders
Aug 18, 20161ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Houston Texans (0-0)1070320
Oakland Raiders (0-0)3771027
Houston Texans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
D. Carr16-26 (61%)14520
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L. Murray341494.30
D. Carr2-2-1.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
M. Crabtree46917.21
A. Cooper4266.51
C. Walford34314.30
Oakland Raiders
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Osweiler18-35 (51%)31424
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L. Miller14362.50
A. Blue10505.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D. Hopkins69816.31
C. Shorts III4307.50
W. Fuller V310334.31

Box score from my one full game. I was Houston. I upped fatigue after this because Murray didn't come out the entire game. They dominated me on the ground and I struggled to run with Miller, but Blue was able to get some yards on the ground.

I was forced to pass a lot, and it showed as I threw a pick 6 in the first half and a pick on a hail mary at the end of the game. Carr was drinking and dunking all game, except for a 37 yard TD bomb to Crabtree.

Ended up with 161 total plays (NFL average is 163). Also I missed a FG and nearly blocked a CPU field goal.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:32 PM   #3
The American Nightmare

SpaceBoyXVII's Arena

Looks like a solid base! I got a couple of questions since I'm on the PS4:
1. Are you seeing off the mark throws? I been reading that this is a problem in some of the threads on here.

2. Advantages with 25 speed threshold vs 50?
Can't wait to play myself, so thanks for your time!
Old 08-18-2016, 07:28 PM   #4
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Have you tested if auto-subs actually work in this years franchise? WOuld be nice to not have to force players out with the high fatigue...
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #5
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBoyXVII
Looks like a solid base! I got a couple of questions since I'm on the PS4:
1. Are you seeing off the mark throws? I been reading that this is a problem in some of the threads on here.

2. Advantages with 25 speed threshold vs 50?
Can't wait to play myself, so thanks for your time!
1. Yes. With QB accuracy at 40, I'm seeing plenty of off target throws, especially from lower rates QBs. Raising pass defense a bit also tightens throwing Windows and leads to more off target throws.

2. I just think there is a more realistic gap in speed at 25, but not a huge gap so it looks like toddlers racing Usain Bolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Have you tested if auto-subs actually work in this years franchise? WOuld be nice to not have to force players out with the high fatigue...
Haven't messed with auto subs at all yet. I likely will over the next few days, or at least once the game officially drops.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 12:57 AM   #6
Rookie

KWilliams2003's Arena

Thanks for the sliders! I find myself to be in great agreement with these and I've had some good games and I've had some plays that 9/10 don't get made because of them. But, I do made a few tweaks and they play very well.

I upped the human catching back to 55. Too many easy catches that an NFL receiver would make and a defensive back wouldn't make were happening. So, with that adjustment, guys that would more often than not make a catch are but DB's with good position are also still making plays on it. As a result, if your receiver is prone to win the battle between him and his defender, more often than not he will. Dez Bryant taking on Josh Norman would be a toss up very often. Dez Bryant taking on Joe Schmo... well, that's going to be ugly.

I upped nearly all the penalties five points with the exception of illegal block in the back. I dropped it back to fifty. Holding calls will happen on plays that you know the edge was set up way too easily. Might get away with one too.

Injuries down to 60. Four injuries per game sounded a bit much.

Now, the player speed parity slider... I usually play at 0 but I set it to 15. I like to see the CPU try and take advantage of the adage "Speed kills." With it at 0, boy did they. It's just how I play. Having it at 25 showed that a guy who will get dusted every day somehow making a play downfield consistently. So, I dropped it to 15 and found a mean number for both. You can beat a guy deep but there's also a fair chance that he can recover from it.

The run game is very much dependent on who you play. I played the Raiders and got stifled pretty well across any runs in the box. Played the Dolphins and the edge is very much where I assassinated them.

Passing game was actually very well executed. The defense is largely based on what kind of game you play and how well your personnel line up against them. I've had plays go long and get ripped apart and short passes feel like they can't be stopped.

Overall, I love the impressions and there's more tuning we can do. It's a great baseline!
Old 08-19-2016, 06:30 AM   #7
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
1. Yes. With QB accuracy at 40, I'm seeing plenty of off target throws, especially from lower rates QBs. Raising pass defense a bit also tightens throwing Windows and leads to more off target throws.

2. I just think there is a more realistic gap in speed at 25, but not a huge gap so it looks like toddlers racing Usain Bolt.

Haven't messed with auto subs at all yet. I likely will over the next few days, or at least once the game officially drops.
Auto-subs freakin' works!!! Just tried setting HB to 93/97 and they subbed out every play!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-19-2016, 08:49 AM   #8
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWilliams2003
Thanks for the sliders! I find myself to be in great agreement with these and I've had some good games and I've had some plays that 9/10 don't get made because of them. But, I do made a few tweaks and they play very well.

I upped the human catching back to 55. Too many easy catches that an NFL receiver would make and a defensive back wouldn't make were happening. So, with that adjustment, guys that would more often than not make a catch are but DB's with good position are also still making plays on it. As a result, if your receiver is prone to win the battle between him and his defender, more often than not he will. Dez Bryant taking on Josh Norman would be a toss up very often. Dez Bryant taking on Joe Schmo... well, that's going to be ugly.

I upped nearly all the penalties five points with the exception of illegal block in the back. I dropped it back to fifty. Holding calls will happen on plays that you know the edge was set up way too easily. Might get away with one too.

Injuries down to 60. Four injuries per game sounded a bit much.

Now, the player speed parity slider... I usually play at 0 but I set it to 15. I like to see the CPU try and take advantage of the adage "Speed kills." With it at 0, boy did they. It's just how I play. Having it at 25 showed that a guy who will get dusted every day somehow making a play downfield consistently. So, I dropped it to 15 and found a mean number for both. You can beat a guy deep but there's also a fair chance that he can recover from it.

The run game is very much dependent on who you play. I played the Raiders and got stifled pretty well across any runs in the box. Played the Dolphins and the edge is very much where I assassinated them.

Passing game was actually very well executed. The defense is largely based on what kind of game you play and how well your personnel line up against them. I've had plays go long and get ripped apart and short passes feel like they can't be stopped.

Overall, I love the impressions and there's more tuning we can do. It's a great baseline!
Awesome glad you are enjoying them so far!! With catching at 45, I saw big name receivers make all the catches they should make, the only difference I saw was lower rated TEs and FBs dropping passes, which happens in real life often. Ill play some more games and mess around with it and see what happens.

Didn't test penalties much but i knew they would have to be raised. I'll try that out once I get off work today. I usually like to have the speed parity slider at 0 usually, but I didn't like how it felt so I bumped it back to 25. Its been playing nicely for me, but I'll play with it at 15 tonight and see how it feels.

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it, hopefully we can nail these down quick so we can start our CFMs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Auto-subs freakin' works!!! Just tried setting HB to 93/97 and they subbed out every play!
Sweet!! It will be nice to sub in/out HBs and DLineman like that. Now just have to find a good in/out number.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »