Home

Any tips for the final rushing gauntlet in M17?

This is a discussion on Any tips for the final rushing gauntlet in M17? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any tips for the final rushing gauntlet in M17?

I'm really stuck on the final rushing gauntlet. I've managed to get a rushing TD in the first 2 quarters and held the colts to 0 points at the half but they get the ball in the second half and end up rushing the ball a bunch of times to run the clock down. I usually end up getting the ball back with 40~ seconds left in the 3rd quarter and it just isn't enough time to drive down and get a rushing TD.

I even tried lining up a FG block formation so the Colts could go down and score quickly to get me the ball back but they just kept running it until 3rd down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Any tips for the final rushing gauntlet in M17?

Update: Managed to get it done. Put Dri Archer in at RB and turned off accelerated play clock. Used a lot of screens to get it into the red zone then ran it in on toss plays.

I also noticed that the team on defense at the end of the first half gets the ball at the start of the second half which made life a lot easier.

The reward is a 92 Adrian Peterson with limited use.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:14 PM   #3
Just started!

Mine was ridiculous. I had a touchdown in the first 3 quarters without them scoring. So I'm up 21-0 at this point. They scored on me early in the 4th quarter. They go for the onside, I recover it. First play I pass, my TE Richard Rodgers fumbles the ball. At this point, I'm like it'll just be easiest to let them score. So I use field goal block, they bomb a TD. 21-14. Here comes the next onside. Leonard Hankerson catches the kick and then fumbles! I somehow get 3 stops, get the ball back and rush in for the TD with 0 seconds left on the clock!
Old 08-26-2016, 01:34 PM   #4
Madden Ultimate Team Hero

fredropro's Arena

OVR: 9

I just bombed it down field and made sure I ran out at the 1. Then I would run fb flip to the far side.... Also don't forget get to bump the play clock back up to 25 sec left if you've bumped it down to 10 seconds
Old 09-04-2016, 05:08 AM   #5
Rookie

binga30's Arena

I must have tried this one 100 times. The game seems to cheat when I look like winning. Have been at the 1 yd line with 1 minute left in the 4th about 10 times. Always fumble they recover. Feel like the fumbles are turned way up in this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 09:11 AM   #6
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm a fan of hb toss out of the i form with the two wr on one side and toss it to the other side. With a fairly quick back its a very successful play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2016, 03:03 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I used Houston Texans OFF Playbook...Used formation "Gun Split Texan" and the play ""Out N Ups Shot." You want your fastest WR in the #1 WR spot..I was using the Cardinals WR John Brown, who has a 90 speed.

He will get open on everything but cover 3, but you will usually get an open shot in 4 downs; use the RAC button and then go out at the 1 yard line..

I don't recall which run plays I used, because I changed up many times to get into the end zone, but generally I would come out in a pass play and audible to the run..

**NOTE: I used the Texans playbook and that one play to help beat every gauntlet and Season challenge; just stuck on the Season ending vs the Panthers, and that play doesn't work cause they use Cover 3, a LOT...

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 09-04-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:05 PM   #8
Rookie

I had this glitch out on me twice. I had scored a rush TD each quarter and then allowed the Colts to score a TD real quick in the 3rd so I could get the ball back for the 4th and both times at the end of the 3rd it said I failed even though they hadn't scored over 14 points(once they were at 7, once at 14). It wasn't until I shut them out the entire thing that it let me complete it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »