Home

I feel draft classes are not giving good enough players.

This is a discussion on I feel draft classes are not giving good enough players. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 07:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I feel draft classes are not giving good enough players.

So I'm someone who sims all my games except the playoffs (so I go through 2-3 seasons a night) and I'm about 8 years in the future and there are maybe 4-5 players total who are above 90+ overall who are generated.

I know I can tweak the XP sliders and I really enjoy how draft classes aren't loaded with talent but it's brought the overall teams down by a large margin.

I've drafted quite a few Superstar 78-80 overalls and the only one who went above the 90+ was my LT. Most teams best generated players are around 85-86 because regression starts at 27-28.

For any of you NHL guys the same issue happens in their games once the current WHL guys get drafted.

I'm just worried messing with XP sliders will mean that any player can become good and getting gems will mean nothing.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 08:08 AM   #2
MVP

Re: I feel draft classes are not giving good enough players.

In a 32 man CFM the draft classes are giving too good of players. I think the issue for you may be the fact the CPU control the way xp is gained and used. The draft classes are much higher OVRs than we were lead to believe. In one test I ran there were 33 78+ guys in one draft with 6 over 80. That far surpasses the rookie class we were given this year at launch.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:12 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

I feel the same. Draft classes give too low talent and not enough draftees. I still see classes with only 22 draftable LT through all rounds. That's just not a real number and it doesn't make finding "gems" feel special.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:29 AM   #4
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

I feel the opposite of the OP. Generated draft classes in Madden 17 are far more saturated with upper talent than the draft class that ships with the game. Most of the generated classes I've seen have 35+ player rated 78 OVR or above. That's crazy.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
Rookie

CrimsionXBL's Arena

OVR: 2

Just did a draft last night with my buddies and I felt as if things were ideal when it came to the talent, it was a very top heavy draft but you could still find some solid, serviceable players later in the rounds.

It's harder to upgrade players this year I feel so they may hover around their initial ratings for a while and I don't mind that for players who have a slow/normal dev trait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 10:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
I feel the opposite of the OP. Generated draft classes in Madden 17 are far more saturated with upper talent than the draft class that ships with the game. Most of the generated classes I've seen have 35+ player rated 78 OVR or above. That's crazy.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Is it crazy based on you looking at past Madden games and the rookies that were in the game and seeing how many 78 overall players their was or just based on you saying it? I am not trying to be a smart ***, just wondering if anyone has actually looked at the current years rookies and see if the future draft classes give around the same high/low ratings or if they are way off one way or another.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:25 AM   #7
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

You can increase the amount of XP all players earn in your CFM by adjusting the XP sliders. If you want players to progress players use that or edit a few.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:42 AM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I feel the opposite draft classes are still too easy IMO. They are better than years past but we still don't have an accurate number of first round busts like the real NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »