Home

Difference between Manager Modes in FIFA and PES

This is a discussion on Difference between Manager Modes in FIFA and PES within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Difference between Manager Modes in FIFA and PES

I've asked this question on the FIFA and PES boards before but have never received an answer.

I'm trying to decide between the two games and since GM/Franchise modes are very important to me I was hoping someone might be able to give a brief explanation as to what differences there are between the two games.

Can I be fired in PES and have to find a new job?
Can I be invited to manage an international team?
Are player transfers done well?
Do I have to run a JR team (not familiar with soccer, but I'm assuming there's a minor-league system for my prospects)?
Will I have to deal with different player personalities?

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Difference between Manager Modes in FIFA and PES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I've asked this question on the FIFA and PES boards before but have never received an answer.

I'm trying to decide between the two games and since GM/Franchise modes are very important to me I was hoping someone might be able to give a brief explanation as to what differences there are between the two games.

Can I be invited to manage an international team?
Do I have to run a JR team (not familiar with soccer, but I'm assuming there's a minor-league system for my prospects)?

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I can't answer everything as I didn't play Master League in PES 16 and haven't really played this mode in a while but i'll try:

Don't think you can get fired mid-season but I believe coach contracts are year-to-year so a team can chose to not offer you an extension.

Can I be invited to manage an international team? Yes

This has always been an issue in PES but I don't know if they get as ludicrous as some of the transfers you see in FIFA, some of the teams do display some minor logic when try to build up a roster.

Yes they have youth teams to manage and it also looks like you can edit youth players this year before you start your Master League which is cool.

Sort of, they introduced a new feature last year that introduced player roles in your team. Also attached a video below, that give you an idea what to expect from this mode.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:29 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Thank-you very much RoyceDa59!

In your opinion, which game has the better Manager mode?
Old 08-25-2016, 01:57 PM   #4
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Thank-you very much RoyceDa59!

In your opinion, which game has the better Manager mode?
Honestly I can't say because I have had more time with Fifa's career mode recently especially if you are a Premier League fan you have access to that great Match Day presentation which PES just doesn't have. However with PES you get a great Youth Team system and you get the Europa and Champions League license incorporated into Master League.

If I was you I would wait until we get more impressions about both Manager/Career modes before you make a decision also if licenses are really important for you and you don't feeling like dealing with editing and option files for PES(assuming you are on the PS4) than I would lean more to Fifa.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

OVR: 0

You cant do anything with youth team at PES. Only thing you can do is call up player from youth team to your main roster. Why i would want to bring 16 years old Gigi Buffon to my team, it's not realistic.

Also at PES2016 CPU:s transfers were pretty much broken, hope they fix it for better with PES 2017.

I like PES Master League, but it has some problems and it's not very realistic game mode. FIFA is more realistic and dont have any major problems, but it's bit boring to play if you play it every year and it also has minor problems / bugs.

With FIFA:s gameplay and Master League, game would be horrible bad.

With PES gameplay and FIFA:s Manager Mode, game would be absolute diamond.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 04:01 AM   #6
Pro

Hi!

I am not sure it is the right place to ask this, but let's try...

In Fifa the stats aspect is almost inexistent and this strongly lessen my immersion into career mode. If you check any player outside your league and look for something about him you will only be able to see its forme and moral and they will always be all yellow meaning average. Explain me why Lloris would not complain for being benched every game by Neuer at FC Bayern? Even the league ranking is kind of random from one month to another. It feels like there are many leagues around but everything that happens in those leagues is simply fake/random...

I have seen on the video in the post upper, that in the Master League menu there is a menu "Database" then "History". Also there is the UEFA best player trophy and this let me think that global stats are better available in PES. So here are my questions:

1a) What is the depth of score and statistic history in the Master league?
- Can you see the amount of goal/pass/ect... completed by any player in others league? Let say you play with AS Roma can you see how Aguero is doing in the BPL (or whatever its fake name)?

1b) If the answer is yes, are these stats available from one season to the other?

My second question is falsely naive and way to much optimistic as I am already 95% sure the answer is NO.

2) Is it possible to add and play inside edited/created stadium in PES 16 on PS4? Let say the velodrome?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by papinho81; 08-27-2016 at 04:11 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

1a) Yes, there is two ways to do that. You can watch stats for competition, like BPL top scorers and assists. Other way is to go Team Information, select a team and then to watch how many games those players for example at Man City have played, goals+assist, average match rating and cards. Also from there you can change is whole season stats or just League games or just cup games. So you can see Agueros goals + assists etc. even if you play for Roma.

1b) Sadly no for PES 2016. For PES 2017 we dont know yet, but i bet nothing have changed for these kind of things.

2) Answer is NO. You can only select allready made stadiums and change stadium name + some color/net settings. So you can use same stadium for like ManU and Man City, but to name those differently.

Hope these answers help and you can understand my bad english. Feel free to ask more, if needed. Myself i hope at PES 2017 those stats would go from one season to another. It would be nice to track stats from longer time and compare development from season to season.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:31 AM   #8
Pro

Thank you Ac3way, your help and clarifications are very much appreciated!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »