Home

Easy Deep Ball RAC catch

This is a discussion on Easy Deep Ball RAC catch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
Rookie

hurricane83's Arena

OVR: 0
Easy Deep Ball RAC catch

Has anyone experienced online players beating your stout corner with a slower WR on deep passes and the corner giving the WR like 2-3 steps. Last night I played with the Texans who has one elite and an average corner. Crabtree caught 3 deep balls over 60 yards by just doing go routes vs my cover 3 or Cover 1 defense. 2 of the 3 plays he just simply out ran the corner and caught practice level type deep balls (we talkin bout practice). Jonathan Joseph is no slouch and he got burned my Michael Crabtree repeatedly, who is by no means a burner. How does that happen? The other deep TD catch was on a play I was in position and played the swat mechanic and the DB didn't even react to my input.

Has anyone had these issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 06:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Easy Deep Ball RAC catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane83
Has anyone experienced online players beating your stout corner with a slower WR on deep passes and the corner giving the WR like 2-3 steps. Last night I played with the Texans who has one elite and an average corner. Crabtree caught 3 deep balls over 60 yards by just doing go routes vs my cover 3 or Cover 1 defense. 2 of the 3 plays he just simply out ran the corner and caught practice level type deep balls (we talkin bout practice). Jonathan Joseph is no slouch and he got burned my Michael Crabtree repeatedly, who is by no means a burner. How does that happen? The other deep TD catch was on a play I was in position and played the swat mechanic and the DB didn't even react to my input.

Unfortunately ive seen it frequently online. Ive learned to user the safety to stay over the top.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 06:29 PM   #3
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane83

You may consider using cover two.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:30 PM   #4
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

Not just online I can constantly get slower wide receivers wide open on go routes in my offline CFM. It's frustrating because I do enjoy using them once in awhile, but I'm open more than not

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 06:37 PM   #5
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I've seen this too. Still trying to figure out exactly why it's happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 06:49 PM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

There's a few threads on this. It's so frustrating. Like I said, it seems like the CB just slows down, or the receiver gets a boost of some sort on these plays. It's like the CB is running in mud with NO chance of catching up.

Iv'e had to eliminate these plays from my playbook so I don't cheese the CPU. I just don't get it.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:45 PM   #7
Rookie

I see it happen alot when the computer is in press coverage. Even if the corner has a good press rating and my wideout has a lousy release rating, I still find my wideout ripping off the press for a wide open touchdown. This is on All Pro btw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #8
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Icon13 Re: Easy Deep Ball RAC catch

this is becoming a nightmare in M17. I too have notice this a lot more lately since ppl are figuring this out. Every game online is now deep ball paradise. Even if your in right postions or time it well they always fly to the ball faster then your DB's. This has to be a glitch? There's times I play online and see ppl throw crazy passes to no one and my DB or or safety is there rdy to catch it, when out of nowere a WR comes flying in with hyper speed boosters on too make the catch he had no business making and sometimes it's over 2 or 3 defenders. UGHHHHHHHH...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »