Home

Kicking need changed.

This is a discussion on Kicking need changed. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 12:10 AM   #1
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

OVR: 0
Kicking need changed.

Okay so we all know about the new mechanics for kicking, and while I don't mind trying to change things up as kicking was ridiculously easy in the past the new system just doesn't work.

Offline guys will say "you just aren't good at it yet" great, thanks, I can nail 57 yarder one after another in practice mode, not a problem. The issue comes with online play, any bit of lag and you are horribly likely to push/pull a kick, especially long ones.

Just looking at my CFM (32 user league) we are kicking 61.6% on FG attempts, and 78.6% on PAT attempts. These numbers come in way too low, even for guys still maybe learning the system a little bit.

The issue isn't entirely the design 3 click systems have worked for years, I think the MLB franchise has used them for pitching forever, and is still doing fine. The implementation though is horribly off, the sad part is the old system would have been fine, the analog kicking wasn't a bad concept, they just needed to make accuracy more precise rather than allowing players to miss the upward motion badly and still get off good kicks.

Not sure where to go for them with this, but it needs a change, and it needs to be in this madden to make kicking better.

TL;DR
Kicking is bad online because of even small amounts lag.
Needs to be changed; suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 12:18 AM   #2
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Kicking need changed.

So the issue isn't really the kicking or the meter, it's the lag.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:33 AM   #3
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
So the issue isn't really the kicking or the meter, it's the lag.
It is the combination of the two. And seeing how lag issues are not going to be fixed, the meter is what does need fixed.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:51 AM   #4
Rookie

Goose26's Arena

OVR: 3

So you're saying the lag is the main problem, since you seem to not have any issues kicking offline, and then you go on to say the meter is the problem by virtue of "lag issues are not going to be fixed" (since you apparently know this is a fact)?

Hmm....
Old 09-02-2016, 12:53 AM   #5
Banned

I've gotten pretty good at this but i'm with you op I enjoyed the old kicking more and definitely didn't see the need to go away from the sticks just to make it more NFL accurate. For instance NCAA 14 if you had a low rated kicker in that game every kick was an adventure so it is possible to get realistic results that way too.

overall though even beyond kicking the number one thing that keeps me from loving the game is the move to buttons over the joysticks. As soon as I make contact with a defender the game tells me to hit a button as soon as I catch a pass the game tells me to hit a button when in both of those situations all I want to do is juke or truck someone with the stick like I've always done.

I know I'm a dinosaur but using the sticks for as many different things as possible just feels more like playing football to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 12:59 AM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeyango
I

I know I'm a dinosaur but using the sticks for as many different things as possible just feels more like playing football to me.
Clicking X is the old way of kicking though...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 01:02 AM   #7
Pro

Had no problems kicking offline or online
Old 09-02-2016, 01:24 AM   #8
Pro

I thought kicking was supposed to be done user side and then play out. They said it was to make it lag free. Is this not the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »