Home

The 2k player's continuous strive for perfection.

This is a discussion on The 2k player's continuous strive for perfection. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 05:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon4 The 2k player's continuous strive for perfection.

As a 2K gamer dating back all the way too the first NBA 2K's with the Iverson covers, I have realized a trend year in and year out. The 2K community pleads and begs for, let's say 10 additions for simplistic purposes. The Dev team on a good year will deliver on 5-6 of those requests, and instead of appreciating the additions, we as a community focus on the lack there of other proposed additions. This problem has become extremely evident this year for 2K17 and it's irritating to say the least. After massive proposed gameplay and presentation improvements across the board from my player to quick games, all I've seen is numerous unhappy fans talking about new haircuts and how 2K is dropping he ball for not adding haircuts, even going to the point of analyzing a Ronnie 2k tweet. The game hasn't even come out yet and the community is taking shots at a game which seems to offer the most additions from a previous year in certainly my memory. Mobile Face scan added, 3D scanned shoes, better player scans, my player and my park improvements, celebration control after a made shot, timing on lay ups, 11 commentators (this is especially insane if you think about the hours spent in the booth for 11 people), even new dribble, block and stealing mechanics, and we along with multiple other sites are focusing on created player haircuts.

I get that it's frustrating to see lack of hairstyles, beards and tattoos but for one second can we appreciate the many additions the game is promising instead of bashing it before it comes out just because of hairstyles on a created player?

Idk about you guys but I rather than focus on gameplay and presentation than adding a million beards, tats and hairstyles.
Washington Redskins
Chris Paul & John Wall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 05:13 PM   #2
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The 2k player's continuous strive for perfection.

I've just learned to respect everybody's opinions on what they want improved.

also regarding people focusing on haircuts, most people are focusing on the CAP feature in general... or at least I am.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout1234
As a 2K gamer dating back all the way too the first NBA 2K's with the Iverson covers, I have realized a trend year in and year out. The 2K community pleads and begs for, let's say 10 additions for simplistic purposes. The Dev team on a good year will deliver on 5-6 of those requests, and instead of appreciating the additions, we as a community focus on the lack there of other proposed additions. This problem has become extremely evident this year for 2K17 and it's irritating to say the least. After massive proposed gameplay and presentation improvements across the board from my player to quick games, all I've seen is numerous unhappy fans talking about new haircuts and how 2K is dropping he ball for not adding haircuts, even going to the point of analyzing a Ronnie 2k tweet. The game hasn't even come out yet and the community is taking shots at a game which seems to offer the most additions from a previous year in certainly my memory. Mobile Face scan added, 3D scanned shoes, better player scans, my player and my park improvements, celebration control after a made shot, timing on lay ups, 11 commentators (this is especially insane if you think about the hours spent in the booth for 11 people), even new dribble, block and stealing mechanics, and we along with multiple other sites are focusing on created player haircuts.

I get that it's frustrating to see lack of hairstyles, beards and tattoos but for one second can we appreciate the many additions the game is promising instead of bashing it before it comes out just because of hairstyles on a created player?

Idk about you guys but I rather than focus on gameplay and presentation than adding a million beards, tats and hairstyles.
You are a consumer and customer. How does being an apologist for 2K help anyone, including 2K and yourself? We as customers should strive to get the best product possible and 2K should be aspiring to make the best product (to their customers) possible.

Very few people are insulting or disparaging the developers. Besides Ronnie for that lame tweet. 99% of us are here because we buy the game every year and will continue to do so. These apologists topics are definitely less constructive than complaint topics.

You want to thank the devs, that's cool, but your $60 should be thanks enough.

Also, my rough calculations are telling me I've given 2K roughly $1,000 since 2002. They owe me lmao (I'm kidding)

Old 09-02-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Yeah I don't get the hair issue I guess I'm too old but complaining about hair is like winning the lottery and being mad you came $10 short.

I just have to use the Allen Iverson Reference for this topic

WE TALKING ABOUT HAIR! NOT GAMEPLAY! NOT MYCAREER! NOT MYLEAGUE! WE TALKING ABOUT HAIR!
Old 09-02-2016, 05:29 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quick Rundown of 2k Gameplay Improvements for just this year alone.
- Double Alley oops
- Jostling Box out Animations
- Physicality Animations(Chucking,Grabbing)
- Tip in/Tap out Rebounds
- Fatigued Players Slowdown
- Fatigued Players affect ratings negatively
- 115 injury types
- Evasive Layups(User Controlled Double Clutch Layups)
- Pull the chair on Offensive Player
- Overhead Skip Passes
- Guarding Big Man get blown by by little guys on peremiter
- CPU AI takes advantage of mismatches
- Players tug of war battles after rebound attempt
- More Zip on Passes
- User Controlled Emotion/Celebrating
- User Can Select Player Signature Celebrations
- Dynamic Attendance
- Spin Moves and Euro Steps have been moved to buttons for easy user control

With a short dev cycle now that's impressive I didn't even mention Mycareer, Presentation, Myleague and Myteam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 05:31 PM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
I've just learned to respect everybody's opinions on what they want improved.
Thats the long and short of it.

If 2k offers it, you have every right to pursue improvements....that goes for socks all the way to gameplay...its one of the first things I learned about this fine community here...everyone has a 'thing'...you just have to respect it...no matter how small it is to you.

Sometimes even the guys asking for those things forget that....because theyll turn around and call MyTeam 'Pokemon', MyPlayer fantasy world etc..and in the same breath be 'outraged' about Ronnies comment or anyone else downplaying their requests...

I think one thing we all have to understand at the same time is that 2k offers A LOT. There are a lot of crowds to please each and every year, and at the same time be consistently innovative. Everyone naturally feels like what they focus on is the most important because their thread on OS has a lot of replies, but thats not the case all the time....sucks but its reality...I almost wish they would take a year to just 'catch up' on all these things...but I know thats impossible.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 09-02-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:33 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout1234

Totally agree - so much focus on the negatives. I for one am just grateful I can enjoy such games. Some are way too entitled and come across as ungrateful. I get that we should strive for more - but there's so much we can control and that's that. The same goes for 2k - every year they have to set priorities and focus on those. From there come restrictions - it's easy to assume that anything we ask for can be easily added. And it probably could be - but only if we likely sacrificed other priorities. The day will come when many things have a solid established foundation and customization becomes a priority. Until then we can only ask and hope.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 05:37 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
Quick Rundown of 2k Gameplay Improvements for just this year alone.
- Double Alley oops
- Jostling Box out Animations
- Physicality Animations(Chucking,Grabbing)
- Tip in/Tap out Rebounds
- Fatigued Players Slowdown
- Fatigued Players affect ratings negatively
- 115 injury types
- Evasive Layups(User Controlled Double Clutch Layups)
- Pull the chair on Offensive Player
- Overhead Skip Passes
- Guarding Big Man get blown by by little guys on peremiter
- CPU AI takes advantage of mismatches
- Players tug of war battles after rebound attempt
- More Zip on Passes
- User Controlled Emotion/Celebrating
- User Can Select Player Signature Celebrations
- Dynamic Attendance
- Spin Moves and Euro Steps have been moved to buttons for easy user control

With a short dev cycle now that's impressive I didn't even mention Mycareer, Presentation, Myleague and Myteam.
And the key emphasis is that once they're added - people assume that it was easy to add. These things as simple as they may seem probably took some long hard work. We are talking about humans working on a game not robots. I'm sure it's complicated stuff that takes long development.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »