Home

NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 04:10 PM   #1
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread

Use this thread for any potential trade ideas and discussion.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 11:38 AM   #2
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Use this thread for any potential trade ideas and discussion.
God, took me forever to find this! I knew one was created.

Okay, in my MyLeague I started with two expansion teams using the "Start in Offseason" option and, as such, their presence has vastly altered the NBA draft, specifically the position of certain teams.

As you can see, the Celtics sit atop the draft (thanks to Billy King, one of the worst GMs in history -- that's not hyperbole either) and that means that can take their pick of anyone.

I'm having serious trouble deciding how the Celtics proceed (I'm running all teams because I don't trust the AI at all). IRL, they took a crack at Horford (got him), took a crack at Durant (missed him, but it appeared close) and did well in the draft.

But here they could easily nab a young Durant-ish player in Brandon Ingram or trade the pick for a superstar. Considering Danny Ainge went after Horford and Durant IRL, and was involved in a potential trade for Jimmy Butler with the Bulls (rumored) during the draft time period, what do you see the Celtics doing?

I find myself leaning towards them trading that 1st pick for a star/superstar player, but then the question becomes for who and for what?

Any ideas would be appreciated. What they do will have a huge ripple effect on my expansion team (the St. Louis Flight, picking 4th overall).
Old 09-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #3
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Decided to cut Philly a deal with Boston. I know Ainge has had Okafor on his radar IRL and securing a long-term piece like that while allowing roster flexibility wasn't a hard choice for me.

With the 6th pick I had Boston take Buddy Hield (Ray Allen 2.0 for Boston) and used their bevy of picks to secure the services of multiple other high-upside players. Okafor is a big piece and I think he's gonna be a great big man in NBA.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:10 PM   #4
Rookie

ebr0t's Arena

OVR: 4

In MyLeague it seems Gobert is pretty easy to get.... and the Knicks are always looking to give Noah away
Old 09-18-2016, 10:59 PM   #5
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

So im going to be looking to start my Rockets franchise soon and I have a couple potential trade targets in mind.

1) Brandon Knight or Eric Bledsoe
2) Jahlil Okafor

Anyone have an idea of a potential package for any of the guys above?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 07:38 AM   #6
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
So im going to be looking to start my Rockets franchise soon and I have a couple potential trade targets in mind.

1) Brandon Knight or Eric Bledsoe
2) Jahlil Okafor

Anyone have an idea of a potential package for any of the guys above?
Question before answering the question: will you be starting with real trades on (meaning everyone's draft picks IRL will be replicated in the game) or starting with everyone having their usual set of picks (1st and 2nd rounders, no one has more than one of each in a year)?
Old 09-19-2016, 07:40 AM   #7
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Question before answering the question: will you be starting with real trades on (meaning everyone's draft picks IRL will be replicated in the game) or starting with everyone having their usual set of picks (1st and 2nd rounders, no one has more than one of each in a year)?
Real trades are on.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:03 AM   #8
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
Real trades are on.
Okay. In that case, the Rockets don't have much in terms of picks, just their 20171st, the Nuggets and Blazers 2nd rounders.

My thoughts:

Their best asset at this point would be Clint Capela truthfully but I don't see Philly caring at all when they have Noel -- who's basically Capela, but with slightly more upside at this point.

You could toss that 2017 1st rounder and the Rockets 2019 1st rounder at Philly, send Capela to another team for a 1st, then send that pick to Philly too ... but the 76ers aren't going to give him away for one Rockets pick. Maybe if Houston was bottoming out, but the Rockets simply will be good enough to avoid picking in lottery most years and Okafor is still a top-3 overall pick who's only 20. You'll have to really sell the farm to get Okafor.

Knight or Bledsoe could be had for cheaper. Both could be traded for a Rockets 1st rounder in 2017+Capela, though I'd be more willing to do that trade for Bledsoe than Knight. The Suns bought high on both of them, but neither has really turned out to be as good as what Phoenix paid for them. I think recouping a 1st and getting back a young big would satisfy them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »